40 ~ The End

⚠️***Trigger warning!! for mentions of and references to self-harm behaviors

~4 Months later~

You gave birth to a healthy baby boy who is already a few days old. The soft coos and gentle cries of the newborn filled the air, a symphony of new life.

You watched as Jungkook cradled your child, his large hands tenderly supporting the tiny body. It was as if he had been doing this his whole life, a natural father.

You couldn't help but feel a sense of pride and admiration. He was a natural with the baby, his movements fluid and confident. It was as if he had been waiting his whole life for this moment, to hold his child in his arms and protect him from the world.

The room was filled with the scent of fresh linen and the soft glow of the morning light. You felt a sense of awe and wonder at the miracle of life, the way this tiny being had come into the world and changed everything. Your heart swelled with love and gratitude for this new family.

You were laying in bed with him while your son was sleeping peacefully in his arms.

"Look at him," Jungkook whispered, his voice filled with wonder. "He's so perfect."

You smiled, tears of joy streaming down your face. "He is," you agreed. "And so are you."

Jungkook looked up at you, his eyes shining with love. "I couldn't have done it without you," he said, his voice filled with emotion.

You reached out and took his hand, your fingers entwining. "We did it together," you said. "And we'll raise him together."

As you sat there, basking in the glow of your new family, you knew that this was just the beginning.

There would be sleepless nights and endless diaper changes, but there would also be laughter and love and a lifetime of memories. And you couldn't wait to experience it all with Jungkook by your side.

"Have you heard the news?" You turn your head to Jungkook.

Jungkook's eyes meet yours, and you can see the curiosity in them. "Which news?" he asks, his fingers tracing a strand of your hair.

A wide smile spreads across your face as you share the news. "Yuna is pregnant too," you say, your heart swelling with joy.

Jungkook's eyes widen in surprise, and you can feel the excitement radiating from him. "What?" he exclaims, his voice filled with wonder. "Jimin is also becoming a father?"

"He is!" You said excitingly. "I talked with Yuna today and she told me the happy news" you said but your smile disappeared, seeing the vulnerable expression on his face. "Hey, what's wrong?" You ask him.

As Jungkook let out a deep sigh, his eyes seemed to glaze over with a sense of melancholy. He went over to the crib to slowly put your son in his bed before turning around to face you again. "It's nothing, it's just," he trailed off, his voice laced with a tinge of sadness. You could sense that something was amiss, something that had caused his mood to shift so suddenly.

And then he spoke the words that made everything clear. "Jimin is becoming a dad and he didn't even tell me." The weight of his words hung heavy in the air, as if the very atmosphere had become denser with the weight of his disappointment.

Now you understood his sudden mood change.

You could feel the ache in Jungkook's heart, the longing for the friends he had lost. Jimin had cut off all contact with him after you fell pregnant and decided to leave Taehyung for him, and they hadn't spoken ever since. The pain of that loss was etched into Jungkook's every movement, every breath.