-29-

You slowly open the door of your apartment and step in, closing the door behind you.

It's already late so you expect Taehyung to be asleep. After switching the lights on you start taking small steps, trying to be as quiet as possible.

You walk to the living room and notice someone sitting on the couch.
It was Taehyung.

"Tae?" You stand still at the door and just look at him. "Why are you still awake?"

Taehyung moved his head towards you. That's when you see it. His eyes were bloodshot red and he had a tired look on his face.

"Oh my god Taehyung what happened?" You said and hurried to him.

You sat next to him and took his hand, looking at him with a concerned expression.

"Did you have a great day?" He asked you.

You stared at him in disbelief. How could he ask you about your day in this situation rather than giving you an explanation?

"Taehyung what happened? Why did you cry?" You asked him.

Taehyung sighed. "You know how I told you that I noticed that you become colder towards me?"

"Taehyung are you seriously not over this topic already?" You asked him angrily.

Taehyung chuckled. "Well I noticed something else too" he looked at you.

You sighed. You really didn't wanted to talk about this again but it seemed like Taehyung was bothering something. "And what is that?"

"That while you became more distant with me, you became closer to Jungkook," he said.

Your eyes grew wide and you weren't able to move. You just stood there in total paralysis upon hearing Taehyung's words. "What? What do you mean Taehyung? What are you talking about?" You stuttered.

Taehyung showed you a weak smile but you could see that tears were slowly building up in his eyes. "Does he make you happier than me?" His voice was shaking and you heard the pain inside him.

"Taehyung are you drunk? You're talking nonsense," you stood up, about to leave but he grabbed your wrist. You looked down to him.

"How could you do this to me?" He finally burst out into tears while he leaned his forehead against your arm.

You knew that it was over. You knew that he found out. You knew that you screwed up. But you still couldn't accept it.

You flinched at his reaction and closed your eyes.

"WHY" he yelled at you, standing in front of you while crying. "Why did you do this to me? Please just tell me why because I'm losing my mind to understand. I did everything for you, was it not enough?"

You never saw him in that much pain. Tears started falling because you realized you ruined him. He was a complete mess and it was all just your fault.

"What did I ever do to you both that you decided to hurt me like that?" Taehyung asked while crying in front of you.

You couldn't look at him anymore, it was too much for you. You lowered your gaze to the ground. "Taehyung, I know that nothing I say now could make the things I did unhappen and nothing I say could ease your pain and anger but believe me when I say that it wasn't my intention to ever hurt you. It just happened somehow and I'm so sorry."

"Why Jungkook?" Taehyung stared at you. "Why him?"

You looked up to him again. "He confessed his feelings to me some time ago." You just said. "I tried to tell him that it's wrong and that he should just stay away from me but he didn't listen to me."

Taehyung grabbed his hair and started crying more. He looked at you but couldn't recognize the person that he loves anymore. "How could you both do this to me" he mumbled over and over again.

He stepped closer to you. "Have you ever thought about me? Thought about my feelings while betraying me with my best friend? Or did you both even laughed at me behind my back about how stupid I am?"

"Taehyung no, I love you. I really do and I'm sorry for what I did but I couldn't control myself or my feelings". Your chest was hurting so much from the pain so you just stood there crying.

The agony of realizing what you're doing to him makes your entire body tremble.

"Do you love him?" Taehyung asked you.

You stood still and looked at the ground. You didn't answer him because you knew that your answer would make him everything worse.

"You know what the sad part is?" Taehyung suddenly asked.

You looked at him now being confused and waited for him to continue.

"I can't let you go." He said. "I know that you don't deserve my kindness and forgiveness but I just can't let you go. I can't live without you. Even though you hurt me in the worst way possible I still love you. And that's why I won't let this happen."

"Don't let what happen?" You asked him carefully.

"You won't end up with Jungkook. I won't let this happen. You're my wife and he will regret laying his hands on you and messing with my family." He said.

"What do you mean? What are you going to do?" You asked him.

Taehyung laughed but it appeared to you as if he was laughing out of frustration. "You care for him, am I right? You're so scared that I'm going to hurt him, right?"

You shook your head. "Taehyung it's not about him, it's about you. I don't want anything to happen to you. I care about you."

He took your bag from your hands and searched for something inside of it. Then he pulled out your phone and handed it to you. "Call him" he demanded.

Your eyes grew wide. "What?"

"Call him I said" Taehyung repeated.

"Why?" You asked him.

"You're going to call him and tell him that you're at the park and that you need him. Of course he will come, thinking that something happened to you." Taehyung said.

You still couldn't understand what he's trying to do. "So? Why do you want me to meet him?"

Taehyung chuckled. "You're not going to meet him. I will meet him there."

"It would be weird if I would call him at this time, he would suspect something but he would never suspect you." He continued.

You froze as you finally understood what his plan was. He really wanted you to trick Jungkook and lead him into danger.
He will meet Jungkook there and you don't even want to know what he's planning to do with him. The thought that you're going to be the one who will betray him and send him to Taehyung broke your heart.

"I can't do this" you said.

"You will do this" Taehyung said and gave you your phone.

"I will not lead Jungkook to you for you to kill him! I'm not doing this Taehyung. I can't do this to him." You said.

"Have you ever thought about what our son will think about this? When he finds out his mom cheated on his dad with his best friend? Do you realize that he will hate you for ruining his family and you will lose him?" Taehyung asked you.

Your heart started racing at the thought of losing your son. Taehyung put you into a situation where you had no other chance.

You slowly took the phone with shaky hands and started dialing his number.

He immediately picked up and you heard his voice greeting you.

You looked up to Taehyung who gave you a warning look.

"I need you" You said.

"Why? Did something happen?" His voice sounded worried.

"I'm at the park, can you come?" You asked him, your eyes not leaving Taehyung's.

"Of course. I will be there as fast as possible" he assured you and ended the call.

Tears started pouring down from your eyes.

Taehyung came closer to you and kissed your forehead. "You made the right decision" he said.