Chapter 19~ Shocked!

The next morning, I realized that the bleeding had stopped. I got up slowly moving my legs side to side so that I could slide the soaked but dried up blood.There was a lot of blood that came out of me from the looks of the once ivory colored towel to a dried red towel----- almost like maroon. It smelt really bad, too. Dried blood does not smell pleasant. It released an awful fowl odour, to be precised. 

I still had my bathrobe covering my body. I passed the mirror but witnessed that my hair was messy and tangled. It's better if I go take a shower and wash myself off of yesterday's unexpected event.

After my  morning shower, I felt refreshed but relaxed. I sighed in satisfaction. I threw the soiled towel in a hamper beside the bathroom door. Hopefully, Mrs. Malik will see the towel and dispose it in a safe environment where no one would suspect anything. As I was changing, my mind trailed off to the question of whose my real mother? Is she really my mother, or is she my surrogate mother? Why must I find her, after all we have no biological connection with each other? She only knew me for 4 years but that  was it. Will she remember who I was? So many questions and no answers.

"Hey, Bianca, I just want to let you know that breakf-------" I heard Zayn as he cracked opened my door. I got scared and tried to cover my body. It was too late, he saw me partially naked. I wished he didn't see me in this state. Zayn's eyes widen as he saw me. I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around my body but only exposing my back.  There was a peculiar presence in the room that hung out. 

Zayn inched closer to me. I flinched back. His gaze turned into pity. I was confused, what was he pitying me for? I traced his gaze and it hit me. He was staring at the scars on my back. 

"What?" I said, only to break the silence. My voice echoed. 

"Nothing, it's just...how can... your scars... I'm so sorry, " he was lost in word when he saw them shocked. Shocked was right, and he should be. 

I shrugged and fixed my eyes on my feet. I gave him a slanted yet weak smile. 

"Don't be sorry, Zayn. What had happened, had happened. You have no control of undoing something from the past, and having pity for others is no use either," I told him. He blushed of embarrassment. I think he got the memo of feeling pity and sympathetic.

"You are right, but seeing you physically hurt and run down aches my heart deeply," he remarked. I sighed. He came close towards me. I could almost feel him touching me. If he wanted to touch my scars,  I would let him. 

"I know, but don't worry I will be fine. I have you t lift me up, right?" I asked. I sat the edge of my bed. He followed me, too. 

He pulled his arm around my torso and nudged me over to his chest. I stayed still as I heard his heart beating frantically. I felt him reach for my back and traced along my deep faded scars that ran along my back. It felt soothing and comfortable.

"Bianca?"

"Yeah."

"I love you, ok. Don't think I don't love you. I do. Even if I'm with someone else, I'm always thinking about you. When I cheated on you with Perrie, I wasn't thinking right. I was young and stupid to break your heart. Would you forgive me?" he explained.  A tear rolled down my cheek.  I unwinded from his grip and looked at him sternly.

"Zayn, I love you, too. Let's not talk about the past, we are living in the present but let's make memories in the future," I said.  He smiled. 

"Does that mean you forgive me?" he asked dumb fondly. 

I nodded. He chuckled under his breath. 

"Whenever you are ready, breakfast is downstairs," he told me as he got up and kissed me on my forehead.