Chapter 20~ Related.

"ZAYN IS MY COUSIN?!!!" I said to Mona after she told me. She bite her bottom lip and nodded. I released Ayesha from my grip since she was fidgeting like crazy.

"This.... this is.... terribly awesome!" I remarked as sweat burrowed on my forehead. I leaned my head back and cupped my entire face with both my hands. I couldn't believe that I was related to him but how? My last name is Khan, not Malik. How is this suppose to make any sense to me? Was Mona fooling me? I hope not. She has to be trustworthy.

"How is he my cousin? We don't even have the same last names?"  I asked.

"Erm.... you don't need have last name Malik to be related. Your father, my son, choose last name to Mirza-Khan," Mona explained. I perked up. Mirza-Khan? I thought it was Khan.

"Then how come my name is only Khan?" I questioned again. She shrugged.

"I don't know, maybe my son named you Khan," she replied. I nodded.

"Does Zayn know or any of the girls?"

"Only Doniya knows, Yaser and Tricia and all of my other sons,"she responded as she grabbed Ayesha onto her lap and brushed her hair as she tied back into a ponytail. I was getting angry but I was stil surprised about this whole thing. 

"Is there anything else that has been hidden from me?" I asked furiously. I felt my cheeks flushing with red flesh. Also, I could feel my ears steaming with rage but I kept my anger inside of me. I didn't want to lash out at Mona. What has she done? She only told me the truth of what nobody will have the guts to tell me. She bite her lip. I waited for a response.

"Well, there two more things I need tell you," she started. I sat beside her anxiously waiting to listen to another tall tale of my secret life.  Mona kept bouncing Ayesha up and down on her lap continuously.

 "Please do tell me, I am listening." I told her. She smiled and I gave her a smile back. she placed a free hand on my lap and began.

My father and Yaser were inseparable. They loved each other very much that they would die if something bad or tragic would ever happen to one or the other. That's how Mona described their brotherly love for one another. Yaser was the oldest of the family and my father was the youngest. He took care of him despite them having three maids and servants, but he insisted that he wants to take care of my father. As they grew so did their love, brotherhood and friendship for each other.

 It wasn't until they migrated to England from Pakistan shortly after Mona's husband died that they relationship crumpled down. When my father went to University in London that's when they lost contact of each other. After 4 years, my father moved back to Bradford newly wedded that Mona nor the whole family accepted her since she was a Bengali and the fact that there was and still is Prejudice between Pakistan and Bangladesh 50 years ago or  so. Yaser was happy that my father was back to Bradford. He thought about opening a business together. Somehow, my father didn't want to. He was against the whole opening business fiasco.Also, he was acting very strange. He wasn't the same person as he was before. 

Everything went well up until me, Doniya, Zayn, and Walhiya were born. The fact that my father and mother were trying to have a baby and were es tactic when my mother was pregnant with me. Mona also mentioned that they got into a fight because my father lied to them about something. He lied that he had saved up all the money that they had brought back from Pakistan since they sold some of Mona's husband's land in return of money. Since Yaser trusted my father, he gave him half of the money to keep in the bank but it turned out that  he reserved it as property in London with that money. That's when Yaser got furious and broke into a fight with him. Also that was the day my father ripped the picture of me and Zayn in half. After that day, they had no contact with each other whatsoever. A once brotherly relationship that was hard to break crumpled into a million shattered pieces of glass and burned into flames.

Tears ran down my face as Mona told me the story. I wiped my tears with my fingers.

"That has to be the most heart-felt story I have ever heard. Also, what's the second secret," I choked. I sniffled. Mona stared into my eyes for a few minutes and gave me a reassuring nod. She brushed the locks of hair from my mouth that I was chewing but hadn't realized that I was.

"My son, please don't freak out, but your father was England spy," she said and waited for my reaction. I covered my mouth with both my hands.

"No way!" I whispered as my breath became airy. She cleared her throat.

"Yes, way. Also, one more thing. Rip photo of you and Zayn. When Mirza-Khan told me he spy, I flipped but he mentioned that behind photo he wrote message for you and Zayn. When I saw photo nothing. I asked him where message.Your father say he wrote message with invisi.... invisiably pen." Mona implored.

"You mean invisible pen, right? Why would he leave a message for both me and Zayn?" I asked curiously. She got up and walked towards the door.

"I don't know. But my son said something about faith in future. Me don't know what that meant, but now I understand," she says and left  with Ayesha on her hips as she closed the door behind her.

I flopped on the bed as I stared at the ceiling. Faith and future? Was my father a psychic? I wanted to ask Mona if she knew that I'm truly not Zayn's cousin since I'm a stranger or was I related to him as Mona confessed. I don't know what to believe anymore. Was I more than just related to him? A soul mate perhaps.

______________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!!!! Hope you liked the update! I'm gonna try to update more frequently for you guys to read and all. Please don't forget to vote and comment. Guess what's gonna happen next? Cuz i don't know :P

Love y'all from here to the moon and back ..... or more!

Luv~ The author who loves to write :) <3