Chapter 23~ The Gathering.

I checked the caller ID. It was a long distance call. I wonder who it must be? Curiously, I picked it up.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hel-lo," a stuttered voice says.

"Who is this?"

"I-It's Am-Ameel," he stuttered again. I was shocked that he called after all these years. I thought he was with his fiance Leila.

"How did you get my number?" I questioned concerned.

"It doesn't matter, but I need to tell you something. Something is wrong, I tried calling Aleesha, Mia, and your dad but no one is picking up. I think something happened to them," he hesitated. My ears perked up.

"What are you sure? Where are you now?" I asked frantically almost like I was about to panic.

"I'm near your house in Toronto. I am pulling up the driveway," he responded. The fuck?! I figured.

"OK, Ameel, there is a key under the 'Welcome' mat," I started to speak.

"Ok." I heard him park the car and get out of it, too.  Sweat trembled all over the palm of my hands, feet, and forehead.  A click from beyond the phone and a door creaked.

"I don't see anyone, it's dark------ who the fuck are you?" Ameel says.

"What?! Who is there?"

I panicked some more. Something was wrong, I could feel it. I could feel it right now. Suddenly, a voice from the line overseas.

"AH! Ameel, I have been waiting for you!  Are you speaking to Bianca? " the voice interrogated him. I heard Ameel gulp a little but there was an eerie silence which hung around through the line. 

"N-nooooo, I'm talking with my wife, Leila," he lied. Good thinking Ameel. I had a stone in my stomach. My gut told me that it was him. He's back for revenge. I ran away now he's exterminating my flesh.

I heard the person chuckle in a dark yet melodious voice.

"I smell fibber in this room and it ain't me," he spoke again. My heart raced as if my heart was running for a marathon. Again, I heard Ameel gulp, but this time his gulp wasn't like the last, it was a gulp of terror. I wanted to shout on the phone saying 'run,' but I became mute from the suspense and trauma.

"Where is Aleesha, Mia and Monir," Ameel questioned feriously.

"Well, I'll tell you if you do me a little favour," the voice said.

"What do you want?"

"Tell me where Bianca is," he demanded.

I nearly yelped but quickly covered my mouth preventing them to hear it. Tears flowed from my eyes and onto my cheeks.

"No," Ameel responded.

"What? What is this I hear. You denied my favour?! Then I deny yours and now, you must face the consequences," the voice angirly explained.

More sweat accmulated on my palms, feet, and forehead. I felt faint lurched onto me. Soon a long dial tone on the other end of the phone. I panicked for reals this time. 

"Ameel," I cracked. A simple dial tone buzzed in my ear. 

"Ameel," I repeated myself. Nothing. 

This time I screamed. 

"AMEEL!!!" 

I hung up as fast as I could. I held my tears that were about to flow over me. I bit  my tongue hard as possible making me not think about what was happening on the other end of the world which was only 5 fricking hours away from here.