Chapter 33~ Bradford and Memories.

I rushed out first as Zayn followed right behind me. As we arrived downstairs we heard soft sobs. 

"It's coming from the kitchen," I pointed out. 

When I went to see what all the commotion in the kitchen was, I backed up as I cupped my hand over my mouth preventing myself not to scream. There, on the middle of the kitchen, my mother laid helpless and hurt. A pool of blood sat beside her and trickled more and more; gradually becoming into a lake of blood. 

"Oh shit!" I heard Zayn whisper. I quickly approached to my mother but being mindful of not stepping on the pool of blood. I kneel close to her head and put her head on my lap. Dried tears stained her light tanned cheeks. My eyes traced to her hand were she was bleeding from. My eyes widen with horror and shock. I picked up the knife and witnessed the cuts on her wrists. I figured it all out! She was trying to kill herself by cutting a big vein. 

Zayn came over with a towel to cover the wound and to prevent her from bleeding anymore than she already was. Soon, everybody came downstairs to see what was going on. 

"What's all the com-------Oh my lord! What happened to her Zayn?" Tricia remarks frightened. 

"I don't know mom. We heard a shriek and came down immediately," Zayn explains. 

"I know," I softly replied. 

"Huh? Really? But first we have to call 911!" Mrs. Malik exclaimed. I saw her dash to the phone in the kitchen. 

"In the mean time, let's take her to the living room and lay her down on the sofa," Zayn suggested. 

"Ok." 

Zayn and I carried her to the living room as we laid her down on the coach. In seconds, the ambulance and paramedics were treating my ill mother. 

Tricia, Zayn, and I stood by them as they were treating here and bandaging her carefully. I began to bite my finger nails. One of the paramedics came to talk to us. 

"Whose a close family member of Sharmin Akhter?" he asked. 

 Tricia says points to me. The paramedic looked directly at me. I could tell something was wrong. 

"May I speak with you privately, ms," he questions.  I nodded. 

We sat at the breakfast table. He sighed. 

"Does your mother have a mental illness of any sort?" he interrogates me. His blue eyes staring at me. Boy! He was young for a paramedic. 

I gulped uncomfortably. 

"Yes, uh... she has schizophrenia," I stuttered. There was silent moment. He folded his hands. 

" Well, if that's the case, you do know that we have to take her to rehab," he states. My eyes fired with rage. How could he say that?! Like what the fuck! 

"Um... excuse me?! You can't say that?! So what if she has a mental illness. It's not your duty to take her and also it's not your concern to tell me what's best for my mother. It's my responsibility!" I blasted at him.My cheeks were red with flesh and anger.

The paramedic smiled sheepishly. He seemed embarrassed . 

"Oh... ok. I'm sorry ma'man for bringing that up. Your mother will be fine. We bandaged her up; but just keep a close eye on her," he remarks. I scoffed. 

"Don't worry I will. Thank you."

I got up to leave until the paramedic cleared his throat. 

"Uh... miss," he begins.