Chapter 31~ One Weeks Time.

I stood there, my knees wobbling. I saw my mother through the corner of my eye. She was smiling like an idiot. Why the hell was she smiling? I think it's the what you get when you are mentally ill. You don't understand what is going on around you but you understand and totally listen to your subconsciousness. Safa ran to help Trisha pick up the broken glass off the floor. 

"Mom, can you sit here," I ordered her. I helped her climb onto a chair for her to sit. I was going to go help Safa and Trisha clean up but as I reached over to pick up the broken pieces until a hand touched my shoulder. I glanced over. 

"Please don't start acting like you are innocent," Yaser says. He had a really a mixed expression on his face which showed an angry yet firm emotion written all over him. I was puzzled. 

"What do you mean?" I murmured.  He gave a squeeze on my shoulder. 

"Come with me. We need to talk," he orders. I dropped the pieces back onto the ground and slowly elevated up. I followed Yaser to the foyer. My stomach were doing somersaults.

"Put on your coat and boots, we are going outside to talk," he said. I nodded. I bite my tongue and panicked a little. He was all ready and held the door for me.  I felt the cold air tickling my feet. I sighed softly and  gave  Mr. Malik a wryly smile and crossed my arms together. He closed the door behind him. 

"Zayn's coming," he announced. I didn't respond to it thinking that I'll wait anyways. My feet started to become numb from standing in my one place for a very long time. My nose turned red; I felt like Rudolph the red nose reindeer. Finally Zayn came outside. I caught a wink from him. I blushed. Hopefully, Yaser didn't notice anything because even in the extreme cold, it was hard to tell if your cheeks turned red due to the cold or if you were blushing or not.  Zayn stood next time. He snaked over to my hand and gave it a squeeze. The heat current from his hand went from my palm and throughout my whole body. I felt warm and fuzzy on the inside.

 "Dad the house doctor said that she is on her way ," Zayn mentioned. 

"Ok, that's good. Now, the reason why I've asked you two to come out here is we need to talk about somethings. I've got questions that need to be answered," he explained looking directly into my eyes. 

I gulped nervously. 

"What kinds of things?" I stuttered. Yaser's eyebrows burrowed in concentration. 

"Well, why on Earth would you bring your mother back, you knew that she was crazy but why bring her back to society?" he asked harshly.  I was so shocked! I could he say that to me?! I got furious automatically. I clenched my teeth and swallowed hard. 

"The whole purpose was to bring her back to society and to be reunited with the world. Everything that's she's missed. I don't see what's the problem here, Mr. Malik," I implored. I wanted to run away and cry. 

Yaser tsked under his breath and sighed as there was a silent moment. 

"If I were to tell you, you wouldn------" I cut him off midway through his sentence. 

"I want to know, please!" I snapped. My nose flaring with rage and my eyes redden in angry. Yaser backed away. 

"Ok, fine. I will tell you. After your father died, you're mother; She became dangerous and hysterical. She use to hit her head on the wall for no reason,go days without food or water, then there were some days which she just laid in bed and never spoke with anybody, or other days were she cried my brother's name," he explained. 

"Wait, one thing doesn't make any sense," I remarked, " Mona told me that you guys didn't like my mother that's why my father and mother never lived with you guys."