Chapter 27~ Forget the Past, Spend the Present, and Live for the Future.

I ran as fast as I could. I peered back behind me to see if the officer was chasing me. He was jogging instead of chasing me. I wasn't looking where I was going and I bumped into Zayn. Zayn held my wrist.

"Maman, you dropped this," the officer came panting towards us. He handed me a picture that fell from the book that I hadn't noticed. So in the end, he wasn't going to arrest me. It was the picture of my mother, alright. I smiled. 

"Thanks, I thought you were gonna you know, arrest me," I said calmly but at the same time nervous. The officer gave me a weird look. Zayn released my wrist that gently came down to my side. 

"Um.... why would I do that? I wouldn't arrest you if you have committed a crime right here, right now," he explained. I gave him a sheepish look. 

"Oh, no! I would never do such a thing. Thank you officer for all your help," I replied and turned towards Zayn who was as confused as the officer was. 

"Well, ok then. Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your day then, G'day." 

I ignored the officer. I climbed into the car. The drive home felt like it took forever to get home though it was a short distance. We were both silent; not a peep came out of our mouths. I didn't know why but I felt like he was ignoring me or was he upset about something? I believe it was best to break the ice. 

"Zayn," I started. 

He perked up. 

"Yes, Bianca, Vas happenin?" 

"What's wrong? You are never quiet like this before," I told him. 

He stared long and hard at was in front of him. He was thinking, probably fishing out a response to give me. 

"Nothing. It's just ..... I've been thinking about Perrie. I loved her very much, that I felt like this is all my fault. I impregnated her in the first place. It was all my fault! If I was a little more precaution then none of this would've happened," he implored. He banged the steering wheel with his fist.

I got angry. I thought he loved me more than her!

"Wait! What?! I thought you loved ME MORE THAN HER!" 

He glanced briefly at me than back on the road. 

"Yeah, I did and I still do love you but for a brief moment in my life I fell in love with Perrie, too. I didn't know why; it just I felt things that I had not felt with you back then," he said. 

I was astonished of what he had to say. I was gonna explode for sure. 

"Zayn, stop the car, please," I ordered him.

"What for?"

I clutched my fists tight under my hand mittens. I was trying not to explode from rage and anger.

"IF YOU DO NOT FUCKING STOP THIS VEHICLE, I WILL LITERALLY JUMP THE HELL OFF OF THIS MOVING CAR!" I bellowed. 

"Ok, ok," he said as he parked the car. I slammed the door behind me as I left. I didn't want to talk to him anymore. He didn't even honk once, he just sped away in his car. Possibly, he was thinking that it was best for him to give me some space to cool off. 

I walked in the cold weather as the slush of snow mounted onto the tip of my boots. I breathed out   as the puff of mist came out of my mouth. I walked vigorously home. I went through the back door were I entered into the kitchen to see Wahliya sitting there stirring a spoon in what is supposedly to been seen as tea. 

The door slammed behind me. I took off my shoes, socks, and jacket. I took my jacket in my arms so that I can hang it up in the foyer but I had to past Wahliya. She was still mad at me.