Reset. Rewind.

A/N: This is a request for an alternate ending by exaltedvalkyrie I'm sorry is took so long! I wasn't 100% sure how I wanted to pull this off. But I'm happy with it.

In true MK fashion, grab the tissue box! ❤️  I hope you enjoy!

————-

Reset. Rewind. Starting over. A fresh start. A new beginning.

No matter what phrase you use, there is no going back to change the outcome of something. The what-ifs will plague you for the rest of your life. But, what if we did get to go back. What if you had that single opportunity to change your fate? Would you do it? Would you go back and choose a different path?

------

Y/n sat in the field of flowers as the summer breeze blew her hair. Sitting beneath the tree, her father and her would share lunch. The sun was high, casting shadows between the branches and leaves. She smiled softly as she looked into the distance. The happiness that filled her heart was one she never thought she would feel.

The time of peace came unexpectedly. No one would've guessed the looming danger would vanish without a fight. Many worried, including Y/n that it would appear again one day. A happy giggle drifted on the wind as Y/n turned her head to find the source.

"Mom!" The young boy cheered as he ran towards his mother.

Y/n's eyes crinkled as her smile widened. Opening her arms, she braced herself for the impact. Laughing, she wrapped her arms around her eldest son.

"Raiu," she sighed as she looked at the boy, "You have to be more careful."

The boy winced, "I'm sorry, mom," he looked behind him, "Kaine is with Obito," Raiu looked back to his mother, "He got hurt in class today."

Y/n sat taller, "Is he okay?" She leaned over to look behind Raiu, "What happened? Shino didn't call me." She spotted Obito approaching them, Kaine holding his hand.

Raiu rolled his eyes, "He's fine," plopping down next to his mother, Raiu opened a bento box. "Who cooked?"

Y/n narrowed her eyes as she looked back at Raiu. "I can cook," Raiu snickered at her. "Sakura sent it over." She finally admitted.

The red blanket beneath her was soft and worn. Family picnics were becoming common as the weather grew warmer. Y/n began to plate food for Raiu as he told her about his day at the academy. The seven-year-old was a troublemaker, which no one was surprised by. He took after his uncle, it seemed.

"How did you get all the way out here," Y/n looked up to Obito, "Alone." The last word was stressed.

Pursing her lips, Y/n said, "I didn't get out here alone," waving to Kaine, she asked, "Are you okay?"

Tilting her head, Y/n scanned the five-year-old. His left arm was behind his back. Kaine moved slowly as he walked closer to Y/n. Moving his hand from behind himself, Y/n frowned at the bandage around his wrist.

"He was sparring during lunch," Y/n glanced up to Obito, "They called and asked me if I wanted them to bandage it or come get him."

Y/n knew why Obito had them bandage it. He wanted Kaine to learn his lesson. She would've done the same. "What happened, Kaine?"

Kicking his feet against the grass, Kaine looked away from his mother, "Nothing."

"Kaine," Obito warned, "Your mother asked you a question."

Throwing his arms up in exasperation, Kaine rushed out, "I was just helping Mirai."

Raiu teased, "Cause you like her."