Two Weeks

"Mommy?" The small voice woke me softly and I opened my eyes to the see a messy sliver haired boy rubbing his eyes. "I want daddy."

My heart fell, "Raiu, baby," I glanced at the clock, "it's too late to call daddy." It was three in the morning. We had two weeks until we moved back home and I hadn't seen much of Kakashi since our talk about him becoming Hokage.

"I want daddy," he repeated and his little face scrunched as though he was about to cry. I saw his face was flush and reached forward, he was burning up.

I sighed, "Hold on." I was exhausted, but I wasn't going to tell the boy no.

I was off the next day and decided to sleep in the apartment that Asa and the boys shared. I reached for the phone and dialed the man, hoping he was asleep like he should be.

"Y/n? Is everything okay?" He sounded tired, but not asleep.

I sat up and pulled Raiu into the bed, "Raiu can't sleep, he said he wants daddy." Kakashi chuckled, "I figured you'd be asleep." I added, "Oh, he has a fever too."

"Is he okay?" I heard Kakashi move and realized he wasn't even at home.

Raiu leaned into me and I rubbed his back, "His face is flush and he's warm to the touch. Why are you still working?"

"Daddy?" Raiu's voice was low and I glanced down to see his big, onyx eyes starring at me.

I nodded and put the phone on speaker, "I've been busy, I'm fine."

"Daddy," Raiu perked up a little at hearing his voice.

Kakashi moved again, "Mommy said you don't feel good."

"Can I come home?" Home? This strange feeling wormed its way into my chest and it felt tight and smothering.

"You are home, sweetie," I said softly as I stroked his hair.

He sat up and looked at me better, "I want mommy and daddy." For three the kid had good negotiating skills.

My body ached and I wanted to go to sleep so badly. I had been on a week-long mission and just gotten back around dinner time the night before. We ate, I played with the boys, helped tuck them in and then I crashed. Raiu sniffled and I could see the waterworks coming and I was growing frustrated, I just wanted him to feel better, but I wanted to sleep too.

"I'll meet you at the apartment," Kakashi's voice made my thoughts cease.

"Huh?" A very Naruto response left my lips.

Kakashi chuckled, "Leave and note for Asa and come to the apartment with Raiu."

I groaned, "Okay." I hung the phone and Raiu's tears hit the sheet. "Hold on, sweetie, let mommy leave Asa a note, okay? Then we're going to go see daddy."

"Promise?!" He shouted as I sat him on the bed to stand up.

My back to him I pulled out pen and paper from my desk across the room, "Promise."

- In Konoha with Raiu. Call Kakashi if you need me. I'll be back before dinner, if not sooner.
Y/n

I placed the note on her door so she'd find it first thing and went back to Raiu. He was already half asleep as I picked him up and held him close to me. I hated doing this but I knew we'd be fine, it just made me feel so dizzy. I was in one of Kakashi's shirts and a pair of panties and I didn't bother changing. Electricity filled me and we vanished before appearing in the small apartment that's a three days journey on foot.

I heard the front door open and close as I placed the sleeping boy in the bed. Kakashi opened the door and the second I saw him I frowned. He looked at me curiously as he sat down next to Raiu. He focused on Raiu and brushed the hair from his forehead before kissing it lightly. It was an endearing moment, or it should've been, but my patience was wearing thin.