Rowan

A month, an entire month has passed and I haven't seen Kakashi or Jade. Asa said she's seen Kakashi in the village from time to time, and he'll stop to see her and Raiu, or her and Kaine even. Asa has seen Jade in passing but the blonde would ignore her and my sons, even if Kakashi went to see them. I wasn't really sure what to feel but I knew I had pent up aggression and could do nothing about it at the moment. Jade obviously wasn't on duty and I was curious if Kakashi likes supporting her.

I stood in the familiar field that was in full bloom and closed my eyes before taking a deep breath. It was just as I had experienced in the dream-death experience I had. I still hadn't told anyone what I saw or what was said, I wasn't sure if I ever would. I told Asa I'd be gone most of the day, it was my first day out of the house and I planned on summoning Rowan. This was going to be a long day and a long conversation. Rowan would likely have some knowledge of the war, but I wasn't sure he would know of the lives it took.

"Lady Y/n, isn't it too soon to be-" Rowan stopped himself the moment he took in my appearance and our surroundings. He sat down and observed me again, Uchiha crest but the Leaf village in the distance. "I have a feeling this is going to take a while."

"You're probably right," I smiled lightly and as Rowan laid down I took my usual spot to lay against him.

I told him of the time he was gone, nine, ten months, I wasn't sure anymore and it didn't really matter. The lives lost before and during the war, and we wept together, feeling the loss all over again. Rowan knew all the people lost were important to me and he apologized for being unable to support me in my time of need. When I explained everything up until Kakashi finding me, while leaving out one big piece of information, Rowan finally asked.

"How did Obito die?" Rowan was never one to beat around the bush, but it still hurt to hear him ask it so bluntly.

"He sacrificed himself for the village," I had my eyes closed and the tears slid down my cheeks with a sad smile on my lips. So I told Rowan what Sasuke and Naruto had told me and then came the other questions.

"And Obito's child?" Rowan asked gruffly.

"With Asa and Raiu. His name is Kaine, he was born a month early," I waited for the obvious question to come next.

"What trigged labor this time?" Rowan would not be happy at all.

"Kakashi's girlfriend and I had a disagreement. My chakra was very unstable this time around and the stress triggered the labor again." Simple explanation and straight to the point.

"Kakashi's girlfriend?" I hummed a yes, "I'm going to avoid that subject then. How did they find you?" He'd likely circle back around to that if I had to guess.

I told him how I was waiting for Asa to return but when the door opened it was Kakashi. Our journey home and our first few interactions and how he and Obito saved me from death once again. Rowan sighed softly and lifted his head which made me turn to see what caught his attention.

"And now?" Rowan asked as he stared at the figure who approached with caution.

"I haven't seen him in a month," I noted as I rose to my feet slowly, still sore from the emergency surgery.

"Then this should be interesting," Rowan wasn't amused as he moved to sit, showing that he was loyal to his Alpha.

Kakashi stopped in front of me about five feet away and took is normally aloof stance with his hands in his pockets. His eyes scanned my body and I felt myself heat at his gaze. He seemed tired and his eyes swam with emotions and uncertainty. I shifted from foot to foot under his intense stare and I sighed as I crossed my arms.