Chunin Exam

I was exhausted as I entered the Leaf Village but I smiled brightly at Izumo and Kotetsu as my group passed by. Gaara and Temari made the trip for the Chunin exams and Shune since she was participating. Rowan was behind us and lingered in the pathway before I nodded for him to return home since we had safely arrived. Kankurō was in charge while we were gone for ten days, six days of travel total, and three days for the exams.

I escorted Gaara to the Hokage mansion while Temari scurried off to find Shikamaru. Shune was walking around with wide eyes and a bright smile as she took in my home. I was anxious since I was going to be facing Jade in just two short hours, our departure was delayed so we arrived later than I had expected.

Kakashi had wanted for the boys to come, but I told him I would return once I had gotten back to Suna for him to see them. We talked once a week as he requested, and it was a strange feeling to talk on the phone with him and Raiu, but it was a good feeling. This was a new territory for us and it was terrifying for me.

I kept my cloak on as we entered the mansion and made our way to Tsunade. Beneath the cloak, I had on a half shirt that was gray in color and my black shorts. All weapons were in place and I didn't have either hitai-ate on at the moment. Both of them, and my bracelet, were tucked away into my hip pouch. Temari had braided my hair into a tight single braid straight down the middle of my head and I was grateful that these women knew how to braid better than me.

"You're late," Tsunade didn't waste time as we entered the room.

"I was delayed in returning from a mission," I explained in a bored tone as I collapsed onto the couch, "Wake me when it's time." I closed my eyes with every intention to sleep.

His scent filled my senses and I sighed softly, "I have a bed you know?" He was teasing me and I wasn't really in the mood.

I cracked one eye open to see him sitting in the window closest to me, "I only have two hours before my match, let me sleep." I closed my eye again as I heard him chuckle.

"You're the one who challenged her," Tsunade's tone was scolding and I snorted.

"She challenged me, I simply picked the place and time," I corrected.

I heard a sigh leave Tsunade and I tuned everyone out as I let my breathing steady. I must've drifted off to sleep because the next thing I knew, someone was poking my cheek. I rolled over and winced as I did, letting a moan of pain be heard. I opened my eyes to see the concerned face of Kakashi staring back at me.

"You okay, kitten?" I pouted and his face softened slightly.

I sat up slowly to keep myself from showing any signs of discomfort. "I'm fine." I smiled but I saw the doubt in his eyes. "I'm assuming it's time to head to the arena?"

Kakashi stood and held out his hand to me and I accepted it with a smile, "I can't believe you accepted her challenge." He didn't sound very happy about the exhibition match.

I shrugged a let my hand go from his after I was standing, "I don't know why she challenged me in the first place." I had asked Tenzo about her abilities and he made it sound like she was an average ANBU Shinobi. I wasn't going to go in underestimating her though, that was for sure.

Kakashi only shook his head in disappointment and lead the way to the arena. I wasn't sure what to say, so I remained quiet as we walked. I could tell he wasn't pleased, but I wasn't the only one to blame here. Kakashi was tense and while I was curious why he was, I wasn't going to ask. If he wanted to talk, he would, that's what I've learned anyway.