Past, Present and Future

Obito Uchiha chose his fate. He wanted nothing more than to walk away and find Y/n, vanishing and never looking back. But, the world needed him. She would perhaps find comfort in knowing it was her own brother that helped save Obito, he could only hope that was the case.

Instead, he chose to make sure Kakashi lived, while he joined Rin. Rin was always the woman he loved, yet, somehow, Y/n made her own place in his heart. Rin was understanding and accepting of the choices and fate that Obito has chosen. And, when Obito asked for her to wait a little while longer, she didn't argue as he disappeared from her sight.

After giving Kakashi the power he needed, the young men looked at each other. Kakashi was waiting expectantly, while Obito was trying to find the right words to express his feelings, as well as making sure Kakashi understood.

"When you find her, forgive her," Obito said.

Kakashi asked,"Who?"

Obito began to fade away, "Keep looking, she's there."

"Wait!" Kakashi shouted as he reached for Obito's vanishing form.

"Hime." When Kakashi heard the word he was brought back to the dimension where the others were.

He couldn't dwell on the words he heard, he had to do what was needed. He would help save the shinobi world they loved to so much, and then he would figure out what to do. What could he do? Where was she? Obito- was he the one keeping her away from him? Tobi was Obito, it made more sense now. Did that mean that Obito has loved her too? Kakashi's mind was wondering and he had to focus. He pushed the thoughts away, deciding to worry about them later. Hime.

She was pouring a cup of tea for herself, Asa preparing dinner for the trio when there was a sudden wave of chilling air that washed over her. She watched as the cup cracked and tea spilled onto the floor, she knew the omen it presented and she felt sick all of the sudden. Like someone had slapped her, her head spun as memories flossed her mind. She swayed and went to fall but Asa eased her down instead. Asa was talking but Y/n couldn't hear the words, no, she only saw the images of her and Obito.

"Bito." She sobbed.

"The fool went and got himself killed," Asa mumbled.

Asa struggled slightly but managed to stand and bring the pregnant woman up with her. Thank goodness Obito had Asa move in. This pregnancy was very different as well. Y/n was extremely tired and the sickness hit towards the end of the first trimester, but it was relentless. Asa laid her on the couch and cleaned the mess up before returning to the h/c woman. She had fallen asleep at some point, delirious it seemed. Asa continued cleaning and cared for the boy while she let Y/n sleep. They had choices to make, and things to attend to, but she's wait to address them.

"Are you not going to talk about it?" Asa asked a couple of weeks later.

Y/n hasn't said a word about his death or even said his name since that day. They were currently outside, watching Raiu run and play, chasing a bunny Asa had trapped a few days before. Asa heard the other woman sigh, hand on her slightly swollen belly, just over three months along now.

"I don't know what to feel, and I don't know what to say. Ob- he wouldn't want me to mope around and do nothing. Though this isn't really living in my eyes, I can't do anything right now."

"What do you mean?"

"We can't travel right now, so we'll stay until I recover from delivering the baby."

"Then where will we go?" Asa asked.

"Maybe Suna, Gaara will offer asylum for me. You don't have to stay with us, I can't expect you to raise my children while I work. We can't stay here though, we have little money and provisions."