Jade

It's been two weeks since Y/n's birthday and she's feeling more and more out of place while feeling more and more at home at the same time. All of her friends: Kurenai, Anko, Iruka, Genma, and Gai have all been so welcoming. She's even spoken to Nora a couple of times when they've seen each other in the village, Y/n venturing out more now that she has Sasuke's blessing to where the crest. She hasn't seen Tenzo though, nor any ANBU for that matter.

Murmurs and whispers fill the village when they see her, some recognizing the h/c woman and others curious about the crest that adorns her clothes. She ignores, feigning ignorance, or perhaps she's just tired of the judgment that's befallen her all these years. She is tired, so, so tired, her will to keep going is only kept alive by the child walking ahead of her and the child growing within her.

Kakashi... she avoids him when he comes over, often excusing herself to bed or busying herself with a chore. She lets the father and son interact alone, though he's only stopped by a few times these last couple of weeks, he's been busy he says. Y/n suspects he may be busy, but there's more to his excuse than he's admitting. Y/n has been trying to keep her distance from Kakashi, for both of their sakes.

Y/n was walking slowly, observing the market and enjoying the fresh spring breeze in mid-March, the baby's due date fast approaching. She watched as Asa and Raiu bounced to the Dango shop, a habit Obito thrust into the boy during his infancy. There was a familiar smell that hit her nose, the static lightning that always smelt of him, but it was faint and lingering softly. Y/n felt eyes on her and glanced over her shoulder as a woman passed by, she knew the moment her e/c eyes met a stormy gaze who the woman was. She also knew why the smell of Kakashi was soft in her nose, of course, Jade would smell of Kakashi. Y/n simply looked back to her son, but when she heard the small voice call to her, she knew it was over.

"Excuse me," she'd know the voice anywhere, even if she only heard it the one time.

Y/n turned and met the blondes stare, "Yes?"

"I was curious as to why you wear the Uchiha crest," it wasn't a question, and the statement was laced with animosity.

"Sasuke Uchiha has given me his blessing to do so," Y/n couldn't help but wonder if the woman across from her would pretend to be ignorant the entire time or not.

"Will you continue to wear it after you have the bastard child?" Jade was fuming, upon seeing the beautiful and radiant h/c, she couldn't hold herself back. She'd managed to not see her this entire time she was back in the village, but apparently, today was the day fate had decided for them to finally meet.

"Are you going to pretend you don't know my name?" Y/n snapped at Jade and watched as the soft-looking woman seemed to change before her very eyes.

"You think you're special don't you?" Jade's anger bubbled and she didn't try to hide her distaste for the woman she barely knew.

"Is there a point to you badgering me in the middle of the village?" Y/n was growing agitated and bored with the blonde.

"Answer the question," Jade blurted and a few passerby's looked to the two women.

"I'm no one special, I'm a Shinobi if the Leaf, and that's all I am." A blunt and straight forward answer.

"A traitor of the Leaf who's carrying a traitor's child," Jade grew closer to Y/n wanting to watch the pregnant woman squirm beneath her judgment.

"Do you think your words hurt me? That your opinion matter? Or do you just find pleasure in belittling pregnant women?" Y/n took a defensive stance out of habit and cut her eyes back to see the silver head bouncing happily four stalls down, before shifting to block Jade's view.