Strength

Asa was leaving in a couple of days, and Obito said he was leaving in a week. I'd be alone with my six month old son for the first time. I was having a mini panic attack, but I'd do this, I could be the mother he needed. I may not be the mother he deserves, but I'd worry about that later. Raiu was six months old now, the heat of July beating down on us, August right around the corner. Obito said he wouldn't be gone long, a few days, but I was still already feeling lonely.

Asa had taken Raiu with her to the village for the day, telling me to relax while I could. I decided to train instead, much to everyone's disappointment, I'm sure. Obito was gone for the morning her said, so I had a few hours I could spend training. I also needed to summon Rowan, this wasn't going to be very pretty.

I found my clothes that were packed away and searched through them. The shortest shorts I could find and a half shirt, to help fight off the heat. I put my hair in a ponytail and strapped my tantos to my calves, a bittersweet feeling filling me as I did. I walked outside and took a deep, steadying breath. I bit my thumb and ran it over my forearm, summoning the large wolf.

"Oof." I grunted when I was pounced on and fell to the ground.

"It's been over a year." Rowan growled.

"I was pregnant, remember." I returned the menacing glare to my summons and he slowly moved off of me.

"Where-"

"The nurse has him for the day, she went into the village."

"Him. A boy?" Rowan sat down as I sat up.

"Yes, Raiu."

"Raiu." Rowan rolled my sons name over his tongue, tasting it for the first time. "Fitting." Rowan smiled, if wolves can smile. "Where are we?" Rowan finally took in his surroundings.

"You're not going to like this."

"I never like hearing you say those words."

"Tobi-"

"The Akatsuki member?" I nodded and opened my mouth, but Rowan continued speaking. "What are you thinking?! When were you last in the village?"

"Let's start from the beginning...." and so I did. I explained to him what happened after he returned to his pack, shortly after my first visit with Jirayia, okay, my only visit. Then I told him about my life here with Tobi up until I found out he was Obito.

"When he returned in January, we had an argument. I punched him, I was thinking straight, and his mask broke-"

"You've seen his face."

I looked away from Rowan, "His real identity is Obito Uchiha." The low growl that came from Rowan made me growl in return, reminding him who was the Alpha here. "I didn't summon you for a lecture. I did what I thought was right."

"You're living with the enemy!" He roared. "You've separated a child from his father-"

"You don't think I don't know that!"

"Then go home." He directed.

"I can't." I admitted.

"Why not?!"

"I don't want to." I whispered as I dropped my head, ashamed of the admission.

"What?" Rowan laid down in front of me, peering up at me, but I refused to look at him in the eye.

"Kakashi's moved on, and so have I."

"You're kidding me." Rowan sighed and put his head on his paws. "What kind of life is this? What kind of life is this for your son?"