Stuck With Me

After leaving Kakashi in my apartment I had a meeting with Gaara and Kankuro. It was brief and simple, not wanting to alert anyone to the plan. We planned on continuing as if nothing was wrong and sat up a secret meeting the night before the Chunin exams. Kakashi's been hiding in my apartment and he loved every minute of it, though he hated that he couldn't see the boys yet.

Tonight was the meeting and we posed it as a dinner in my apartment. Shikamaru, Gaara, and Kankurō were the only ones attending. Kakashi and I discussed Kiba and Shino, but we felt that the fewer people that knew, the better. I didn't want Shikamaru involved, but I knew his strategic planning would be helpful.

"Sage will be on the perimeter, so we'll be fine," I was trying to assure Kakashi that we had nothing to worry about, "Summon Bull if you want to."

The second I said the words he summoned his entire pack. I sighed and shook my head as the canines dispersed and did as they were told. Pakkun took up a spot on my couch and I sat down next to him. Kakashi looked at me as I began to let the dog and it was his turn to shake his head. We had about ten minutes before everyone would arrive.

"I'm going to turn the pack over to Sage," sorrow filled me, but I didn't feel I deserved the role I was given, I never earned it.

Kakashi stopped his preparations for dinner and looked at me, "Why would you do that?"

I kept my eyes on the pug who put his head in my lap, "I think it's time."

I heard him sigh and he set the bowl down on the dining room table before he walked over to me. Kakashi crouched in front of me and I looked at him, "Kitten," he put a hand on mine that sat in my lap, "take time and think about it, okay?" I gave him a sad smile and nodded. He stood up and took my hand, pulling me with him. "I love you, kitten, no matter what you decide."

I squeezed him into a hug, "Thank you, Kakashi." I felt him try to not sigh and I giggled, "I love you too, dog." He shook his head and kissed my hair.

A knock at the door had us stepping away and I went to answer. Gaara, Kankurō, and Shikamaru entered quietly and didn't speak until a seal was placed. We all sat around the table and ate as we held a normal everyday conversation. No one has mentioned seeing or hearing Kakashi, so we assumed that we managed to slip him in undetected as well as keep him hidden in the apartment. It was a risky move, but he was an asset either way.

"Was anyone acting strangely when news of her coma was received?" Kakashi was the first to ask anything.

We all looked to Kankurō since he would be around the ANBU more, "Everyone seemed concerned, nothing out of the ordinary. They were surprised to hear about Rowan though."

I mulled over the possibilities, "Maybe they wanted to weaken me, but actually take the kill themselves?"

Shikamaru held his chin in thought, "Possibly," he hummed in agreement, "or take advantage of you in some way."

Kakashi didn't seem to like that idea, "Have any of them tried to hit on you?"

I kept myself from arguing with him and answered his question, "I've seen the way they look at me, but they've never crossed the line." I looked to Kankurō, "Have you ever heard them say anything?"

Kankurō didn't have his face paint on and it was easy to see him become uncomfortable, "A couple of the guys have mentioned..." he let his words trail off and I arched a brow, "somehow they knew about- so they-"

"Just say it," Kakashi demanded.

"Somehow they knew about us sleeping together," he spits out, "so they made jokes about staying in Konoha and hooking up with you. Since you'd be 'off duty'." Kankurō seemed extremely uncomfortable now.