No Doubt

"You're lucky that I love you," I mumbled as Kurenai hooked her arm in mine and walked excitedly to the bar.

"It's your last night here, you've been cooped up at home packing and taking care of the boys, relax, okay?" She was begging me for the last two hours to go out with her while I packed and sealed everything for my trip tomorrow.

I'd be taking the three-day journey with Rowan and then place a seal before retrieving Raiu, Kaine, and Asa. With Rowan, we'd have enough chakra for the three of them to travel back with us. Suna gave us temporary citizenship and I already had the hitai-ate too.

Everyone took the news fairly well that I was leaving again. Kurenai was upset but understood, and I even confided in her about my relationship with Kakashi. If you could really call it a relationship. Iruka was shocked but he and Nora were happy to see me slowly becoming me again. Tenzo... he cried for an hour, but in the end, he hugged me and made me promise I was coming home after the year was up.

Shikamaru was surprised because he had no idea I had been asked to Suna, apparently, he and Temari were arguing at the moment. Sakura and Sasuke were a little upset, Sasuke wanted to see Kaine more. Naruto was disappointed but he had wedding planning and it would be a good distraction for the first few months.

The second I pulled the door open I chocked on a sob that threatened to spill from my lips at the sight before me. "SURPRISE!" Was shouted and Kurenai had to push me forward slightly so she could even enter the bar. Smiles and tears filled the room and everyone started to chatter about themselves again. I looked over my shoulder with something between a scowl and a smile.

"Don't look at me," she pointed towards the bar and I spotted the silver-haired man easily. "I was just in charge of getting you here."

I was stunned. This isn't something that Kakashi would normally do. Another instance of him doing something for me not because of him. I weaved my way through the crowd trying to avoid saying anything to anyone because I wanted to see him first. I should've known better but I still had to school my frown as Gai stepped in front of me.

"My youthful Y/n!" He shouted, tears streaking his face, "I'll miss you!" A bone-crushing hug and he vanished into the crowd. I laughed lightly as I moved again, heading towards the bar.

He knew I was behind him, but he was going to make me reach out to him first. We haven't seen each other since that night and I don't feel as though we were avoiding one another, I think it was more of a subconscious effort to avoid dealing with our emotions. I took in his appearance and I could see he was tense, his shoulders inward and grip tight on the mug in his hands.

I gently sat my hand on his elbow and slipped it forward to sit on his forearm and stepped up to the bar. The tension seeped out of him and he relaxed as he cut his gaze down to me. He didn't say anything as he pulled his arm, thus pulling me, closer to his body. I placed my head on his shoulder and he let his head lull to the side to rest atop mine for a moment.

"You didn't have to do this," I whispered softly.

I could hear a chuckle bubble in his throat, "I figured it was the only way I'd see you before you left." The teasing tone in his voice didn't hide the hurt, nor the fact he was probably right.

I gave a small shrug as I peered up at him, "I have no complaints if that's the way we left things."

Kakashi shook his head lightly, "And I'm the confusing one." I pouted at his mumbled words and pulled my hand away only to swat at his arm. "Ow!" He flinched at my light slap and I couldn't suppress the genuine giggle that left me. "I've missed your laugh." He mused as he turned to face me.