Doubt

Kakashi POV:

I sat in my apartment reading and having a heated conversation with myself at the moment. Little did I know I was about to be in a heated conversation with Jade about the same subject: Y/n. I had yet to tell Jade that she was back, which meant I had yet to tell Jade that I had a son with Y/n as well. It's been two weeks since I've returned and it's only a matter of time before my world implodes on itself.

It's been a few days since I've seen Y/n and it's my first day off since then too. My heart and my head can't seem to agree on how I should feel, and my body isn't helping either. When I had looked into the mirror and watched her tilt her head to me, I knew it would always be her. When I turned to walk away, it was to keep myself from pouring my soul back into her. It was so natural for me to hold her to me, but it hurt to do so. Relationship. I said it so casually, so easily, and she didn't even flinch when I said it. That afternoon was... perfect, and torturous all at once.

After she calmed down we went and sat outside while Raiu played and Y/n drank her tea Asa had made. Tsunade and Genma arrived a short time later, and Tsunade said everything was fine, but Y/n really should be in bed. Genma didn't stick around this time and I was grateful. When I saw him with her like that, calming her and trying to soothe her, I was filled with jealousy. I guided her to bed a short time after Tsunade left and help her get comfortable.

"I know you want to see Raiu, and I want you to see Raiu, but if you don't want to see me-"

"You worry about taking care of yourself, not about me." I didn't want to burden her with my emotions and uncertainty about this situation.

She gazed up at me and I sighed before sitting next to her on the bed, "I hate being pregnant." Her honesty was surprising and I wasn't sure what to say.

"Why?" I met my voice soft, trying to be there for her, though I knew her answer could change that.

She closed her eyes and brought her hands together and seemed to shrink in on herself, "Asa visited twice a month with Raiu, and then once a week, and then she lived with me, but I was alone through most of it. She's been living with me since before Obito died, but I still felt alone this entire time," she paused and I saw the tears fall from behind those closed lids, "my hormones make my emotions bounce all over the place and I hate it. I hate feeling like this, alone, weak and desperate. I suppose it's fitting though, after everything I've done, I deserve this."

She flinched slightly when I caressed her cheek, my tenderness surprising her, "You don't deserve this, and you didn't deserve what Obito put you through." She didn't. She didn't and I hated to admit it myself but she still deserved so much more out of life and all it's done is deal her a life of heartache and death.

"You should go, I'm sure you have better things to do than deal with an emotional pregnant woman." She tried to laugh but it didn't work.

"I'll leave when you're asleep," I continued to caress her, hoping to coax her to sleep.

"Why?" She whispered.

"No matter how upset I am, you're still important to me. No matter how angry I am, you're still precious to me. No matter how much it hurts to be here, you're still my kitten." I don't know if she heard me though, her soft breathing indicated she was sound asleep.

I sighed as I recalled my last conversation with her. I wanted to go over and see her again, and Raiu. This strange urge to hold her as she slept and pretend we were this happy family and it was my child she was pregnant with. Is that what Obito did? Did he hold her as she slept, a hand on her belly, and dream of a peaceful time where they could be together? Or did he see the reality and forget the delusion?