Nothing

This bouncing baby boy was now three months old. We were in the heart of spring and Obito has been home a lot more. Our relationship was changing, and I couldn't seem to stop myself even though I told myself it was wrong. I told myself that it was simply out of convenience and ease that we found ourselves sleeping in the same bed. We hadn't kissed, hadn't touched one another, and definitely hadn't had sex, but I felt it coming.

My chakra was leveling out, and it was no longer blocked. Due to the nature of my delivery and it being premature, my milk didn't come in as it should, so Asa was supplying me with donor milk and goats milk to make sure Raiu was well fed. Asa was going to be with us another three months, which was good. I was in a deep depression that I couldn't seem to dig myself from, every time I looked at Raiu, I saw his father. It made me hate myself for running away from my problems, and then it made me hate Obito, then I'd find myself hating everyone involved in the lies surrounding my parents. I even felt like a failure since I couldn't even feed my own child. It was a never ending cycle.

It only got worse though. Yesterday, Obito came home injured, minor considering I was able to heal him, but I was worried sick that one day he may not come home. Asa was in the village gathering supplies, and she made sure he was fully healed before leaving us alone for a bit. After she went on a walk with Raiu, I broke down, yelling and screaming, before I began crying and telling him he can't die.

We all die, remember? Was his response.

Now, he lies asleep next to me in bed while I feed Raiu. He doesn't wear his mask around me anymore, and I'm thankful for that, I feel like there's no more secrets between us, though I know there is. The biggest secret for me, and one I will fight, I've fallen in love with this man. What kind of a woman am I? I guess it could be because of the heartache and trauma he's stood by my side through, or maybe it's because there's no one else here, but I couldn't deny the need for his affection. I was in love with a man that I left behind, and I was in love with his friend he thought was dead.

I stood and laid Raiu in his crib before sitting back in the bed, making Obito stir. Obito rolled over and wrapped his arms around my waist as I was still sitting, placing his head in my lap. I smiled down at him and played with his hair. I leaned against the headboard and just continued to run my fingers through his raven locks, something I loved doing.

"Why do you torture yourself?" I heard him mumble.

"Hm?" I hummed and looked down at him.

He sighed and asked, "Do you want to go back?"

My hand stilled in his hair, "Sometimes." I answered honestly. "It's not fair to Kakashi. It's not really fair to Raiu either. But, I appreciate you and what you've done for Raiu and me. If you're truly protecting us, then I have no need to return to the village."

"I'm being selfish." He admitted.

"How so?"

"Keeping you all to myself."

"You have to share with Raiu." I joked.

He gave a small chuckle, then pulled me down to lay beside him. "Sleep, precious, you're tired."

I rolled to face him and ran my hand over his scared cheek before I pressed a kiss to the corner of his mouth. He flinched at the touch and I pulled away, embarrassed by my actions, but I didn't get far, Obito held the back of my neck and kissed me fiercely before pulling away. He wrapped his arms around me and held me to his chest, without saying a word. Tears slipped from my eyes as I lay in his arms, I wasn't sure how I should feel, and it was tearing me up inside and out.

"No tears should be shed for him." Obito spoke softly. "But no tears should be shed for me, either, I don't deserve them."

"You deserve more than this."