Shouldn't

Kakashi POV:

"Kakashi, I don't understand why you won't pick him up yourself," Kurenai frowned as I sat across from her in the booth as we ate lunch. Raiu sat by my side and Mirai beside Kurenai.

"Because she doesn't want to see me," I admitted with a frown.

"That's not true and you know it," Kurenai scolded me, "She may not enjoy seeing you, but that doesn't mean she doesn't want to see you. I'm sure it's hard, I can't imagine what either of you is feeling right now, but she needs her friends, including you."

"What do you mean?" Kurenai and I have grown closer over the last couple of weeks, she's been picking up Raiu or dropping him off if Asa couldn't meet me.

"She's... depressed," she was hesitant to admit it, "like when she got the Phoenix tattoo, and I don't know what to do." She explained. "Of course, she puts on a brave face, but I know it's fake. She's biding her time until she's back on duty."

"That isn't for another six weeks, she's got a-"

"Two weeks," I blinked in confusion, "She convinced Lady Tsaunde to release her for duty in two weeks." I went to respond but Kurenai kept talking, "But she said Ibiki won't let her take missions for another six weeks."

I felt myself calm a little, but she'd still be on missions in two weeks. The mother of my child and of his brother didn't need to be released so soon. If I had my way, she wouldn't be back on duty at all, she'd be staying at home and raising my family- Dammit. "That's too soon." Was all I managed to say.

"She doesn't care, and she won't listen to anyone, Iruka tried, and Genma too," Kurenai said offhandedly as she picked up her food to take a bite.

"Genma?" Another face I haven't seen in a while.

"Yes," Kurenai lifted a brow before continuing, "ever since the incident two weeks ago, he's been over almost every day to check on her." I didn't know where to start first. Incident? Every day?

"What incident?" Two weeks ago was the last time I saw her, so I wasn't sure what Kurenai was going to say.

"Genma said he had stopped by to see if they needed anything since he had the day off. While he was there, she used her Thunder God technique and passed out almost immediately after she arrived." My blood boiled, it was my fault she did it, and Jade's. "Genma said she slept for almost an entire day before she came to."

"Why didn't anyone tell me?" I tried to hide my anger but I'm sure Kurenai could read the tension in my body.

"No idea," she shrugged casually as she continued to eat and feed Mirai. Raiu began tugging on me and I focused on my mini copy.

"What is it?" I smiled at him.

"Uncle Gen with mommy," Raiu said innocently.

"Huh?" I wasn't sure what he was trying to say, I mean, I got the basics, Genma is with Y/n, but what did he mean?

"Genma is over at Y/n's," I looked at Kurenai when she deciphered the boy's words. "Asa is grocery shopping and he offered to stay with her." I wasn't sure how I really should feel, but I know how I felt and I shouldn't be feeling this way at all.

"I guess I should stop by then, see what I can do," part of me was saying it because I did care about her wellbeing, he's another part was the beast of jealousy exposing itself.

"You always were jealous when it came to Genma," Kurenai was trying to tease me, but I didn't like feeling jealous, I shouldn't feel jealous. Again, there was that word: shouldn't.