Jirayia

A/N: this is 3rd POV and the large spaces indicate a time Skip. If there's any confusion, please let me know. ❤️ Grab some tissues.

-LHatake
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jirayia watched as the young h/c girl ran through the field of flowers, giggling and chasing the older raven haired boy. A brunette girl and a silver haired boy watched the duo as well. Jirayia stood next to the Hokage, Minato Namikaze, both seeming to be lost in thought as they watched the young nins and girl play. The summer breeze blew, making the flowers cascade as it did.

The girl tried to look behind her, calling for the two standing under the tree, but she fell. As the three teenagers all converged on the young girl, the silverette made it first, scooping her into his arms and heading for the tree. He sat her down and began inspecting the damage, skinned knees and palms. The other two hovered behind, asking if she was okay, the girl sniffled, trying to act tough in front of the older group.

"She'll be his salvation." Minato spoke, watching the normally stoic and standoffish male tend to the girl.

"You think so?" Jirayia asked, both still looking at the group ahead of them.

"She's going to do great things, not just because of who she is. Her heart is pure, I want you to protect that part of her." Minato asked his sensei.

"Minato, you-"

"This is a time of war, I simply want you to watch over her if need be." Minato was always a realistic when it came to these things.

"You know I will."

The silent promise was made and they continued watching the group play, the girl now smiling again. Jirayia thought of how the girl was so similar to Minato, in many ways as well. She was able to make anyone smile, almost instantly. His heart was warm, and full at the moment, but that would change after tragedy struck the team. Obito's death, Rin's sacrifice that tormented Kakashi, Minato's sacrifice and Kushina's too.

"Is this really necessary?" Jirayia asked Hiruzen.

"Minato's wishes were clear. She's to stay with me until I see fit." Hiruzen was trying to clarify, but that wasn't the issue.

"I'm talking about the mission." Jirayia explained.

"It's to protect her."

"Then let me take her." Jirayia had become overly attached, he knew it, seeing her as his own.

"You know I can't do that, she's only ten."

Jirayia knew that, but they were letting her train now, it was only a matter of time before her hands were stained in blood, and he made a promise he intended to keep.

"When she's sixteen, I want her to travel with me."

"Jir-"

"I made my own promise to Minato, and I plan to keep it."

"Okay." Hiruzen didn't argue this point, knowing he'd just take her away.

Jirayia wanted to protect her from the world, shield her from the darkness that covers every corner. She was precious, and she would be the salvation that someone needed, and he truly hoped that it would be that young boys from all those years ago. Jirayia visited her every year on her birthday, and tried to visit more than once a year, though sometimes that didn't happen. Her thirteenth birthday, he knew it was downhill from there. ANBU was in her future, and he couldn't stop that from coming. She was strong, and her potential was limitless. She would be a strong Kunoichi, just like Tsunade.