The Last Time

Every time they see each other it's always the same. There's a silent look exchanged and they both disappear. No one has seemed to notice, which Y/n is thankful for, Kakashi doesn't know what to feel. He does know that she's not invested in whatever this is between them, but he can't tell her no. It's been three weeks since the incident at the cliff, and they've had sex six times over those three weeks.

Y/n would find her back against a wall of the alleyway, or the bathroom of the bar they saw each other in. Kakashi would find his back against the wall as his hands fisted her hair tightly as she was knelt before him. Her shirt roughly pulled up and her breast bouncing as he took her from behind in the empty office of the Hokage Mansion. The bathroom sink at Iruka's house that time they all went to the engagement party.

It always ended the same:

This is the last time.... she'd murmur with so much sadness in her heart.

You say that every time... his tone begging her to stay.

And then they would break away as if nothing happened. They never had sex in her home or his apartment. She had refused to go to his apartment and he still avoided her home. They were never alone with one another either. It was always a public or group setting and then they would break away. Sometimes they would both return, other times only one of them. At Iruka and Nora's engagement party, they used clones.

Y/n was walking through the village avoiding the inevitable: she had to talk to Kakashi. Alone. She and Asa had an argument earlier in the day, telling her just that. During the argument, Genma had arrived, which lead to another argument. And heartbreak. It had solidified Y/n's decision and now she had to tell Kakashi. He would technically be the second to know, well third if you count Asa, but she wasn't really counting Genma either.

"You must tell him," Asa had urged as they cleaned during the boys' nap.

"I know that," Y/n snapped, "but I'm not sure if I'm leaving yet."

"That's bullshit and you know it," Asa was angry with the young mother, "you intend upon waiting until the last moment and slipping away like you did last time."

"I had no choice, they told me that morning and I went to him as soon as I could," it was the truth, Jirayia and Hiruzen had practically cornered her.

"You sound like a child that's not getting her way," Asa pursed her lips into a thin line.

"I'm used to not getting my way," Y/n pouted.

"You can't just keep sleeping with him and not expect backlash," Y/n thought the older woman didn't know, "You told Lady Tsunade that you would give her an answer tomorrow. If you decide to go, which we both know you are, you leave in a week."