Obito

The second Obito stepped into the small home, he knew something was amiss. Nothing major, nothing that should have him worried, but he still felt something in the air. Before he could call to Y/n, she stepped from the bathroom with a damp rag pressed to face. She lit up at seeing the man and he sighed in relief, seeing that she was okay. She was becoming more and more skilled about hiding her chakra, almost to the level he was, so he wasn't surprised when he didn't initially sense her. Raiu was sleeping soundly in the bedroom it seemed.

"It's been too long, Bito." She moved the rag away, but then turned back to the bathroom.

Obito followed after her, rubbing her back soothingly as she expelled the contents of her stomach into the toilet. "Do I need to find Asa?" He was worried, he hasn't seen her like this since- "Y/n." His voice was suddenly heavily laced with worry.

"No, I'm fine, Bito, I just need the ginger tea, and it'll pass."

"Y/n." He repeated, making the woman sit back on her haunches to look at him. She gave him a closed eye smile and the tears slowly fell down her cheeks. "You're. I'm. We." He couldn't seem to find words suddenly, so all she did was nod, knowing what he was trying to say.

"I wasn't as sick in the beginning, but three weeks ago, when Asa was here, I had her check and-"

"You're pregnant." He finally said the words.

"Yes." She replied.

Obito felt his heart swell as he pulled her to him, he was going to be a father, to his own child, and continue to love Raiu as his own. She hugged him back, happy to be in his arms again, and to share the news finally. He held her close and stood, bringing her with him, and lead her to the couch where she settled and waited for her tea he said he'd make.

"Kichona, for a girl." He said as he sat down next to her. She smiled at the name, precious. "And Kaen, for a boy. If you're alright with that." Flame.

"I love them both." She said as she leaned into his chest, her back pressed to him.

Obito settled his hands over her stomach as she drank the soothing liquid, enjoying its warmth and soothing flavor. He knew he couldn't stay long, and knew he wouldn't return soon, but he had to spend the day with her at least. His heart swelled with pride at thinking of the growing child her womb, the Uchiha crest on her clothes. He had thought of asking her to have it etched into her skin, but thought it might be too much.

When she fell asleep, he took the mug from her and placed it on the table beside them. He ran his fingers through her hair and caressed her arms gently. He didn't want to leave her, he wasn't sure what would happen after he left. Before he came here, he stopped and told Asa to stay with Y/n until Obito could return. When Asa asked how long, he couldn't give her an answer.

"Bito, you can't stay any longer?" It was hours later, the sun long forgotten beyond the horizon.

"I'm sorry, love, I shouldn't have stayed this long, but I didn't want to leave. I still don't." He admitted.

She hugged him tightly and he wrapped his arms around her, inhaling her intoxicating scent. He had an uneasy feeling within him, and he suspected that she did as well. She was crying, though it could be hormones from the pregnancy. Pregnant. She was pregnant with their child, mine, she was making him a father. His embrace tightened as he let his own tears fall, tears of happiness.

"I love you." He whispered into her ear, "You've made me happier than you could ever imagine."

"Don't go." She sobbed. "I don't like this, I don't want you-"

"Love, look at me." He coaxed as he slowly pushed her back to look into her eyes. "I have to do this, I have to try and give us a world without-"

"You can't!" She shouted. "You want her here, so where does that leave me?!"

Her? Rin. He hadn't thought that far ahead. He felt like a fool, and idiot, selfish and inconsiderate. "Love-"

"Stop it." Oh dear. "Just shut up and leave. That's all you ever do. Leave me. Walk away and never look back. It's all anyone has ever done."

"I don't want to leave like this." He really didn't, what if this truly was the last time- no, he couldn't think like that. He would succeed and find a way to make all of this work.

"Then don't leave!"

"Love, the baby-"

"Don't you dare!" She shouted.

He didn't want to do this, he didn't want to use a genjutsu on her, but if she kept getting upset he wasn't sure about the baby. He could do the genjutsu and go get Asa before he left, that way she and Raiu were watched over. He gripped her chin roughly and kissed her, pouring himself into the kiss. She fought him at first, and then began crying even more. The salt from their tears covered their lips as they continued the kiss. Obito pulled away slowly, looking into those perfect e/c eyes.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you, Bito." He could see she was going to say more, but he cut her off by swirling that black and red.

She slipped into a world of smiles and laughs. She would hate him for this, he just knew it, but he had to calm her down. He lifted her to him and carried her to bed. Raiu was sleeping soundly and Obito walked to his crib. Obito caressed the toddlers cheek and smiled lightly. Kakashi may be the boy's father, but Obito would still protect and love the boy as though he was his own.

Once Obito had found Asa and explained everything, she gave him a look of disappointment and allowed him to take her to the home. Asa found both mother and son sleeping and she settled herself on the couch for the evening. Obito gave one last look at the woman before kissing her softly, and murmuring sweet nothings that she would never hear again from him. He pressed a kiss to the boy and uttered an 'I love you' before disappearing from the home he made for them.

Obito Uchiha would die days later. He would go through a vicious cycle of sinister villain, to being part of the salvation for the entire world. He would leave behind the woman he loved and cherished, an unborn child he would watch over from above and friends that he didn't know for long.

Y/n- an Uchiha at heart it seemed, would be broken and destroyed the day Obito died. She would fall to her knees in despair and Asa would have to piece her back together to the best of her ability. Memories would flood Y/n's mind and she would go through many stages of grief from not only his death, but those memories as well. She would be thankful for the time she had with Obito, but part of her would resent him for the time as well.

Obito Uchiha: friend, comrade, lover, husband and father. You will be missed. Gone, but not forgotten.