Betrayal

"Kitten," his voice was soothing but my breathing was still ragged. "Look at me, baby." Baby? "I'm right here," he urged, "I'm not going anywhere." You will. You'll leave like everyone else. "You're stuck with me." He was trying to make me laugh.

"Ahhhh!" I let out a scream of frustration and a burst of electricity as I tried to calm myself. "I'm. Fine." I said between pants as my breathing calmed.

Kakashi's hand rubbed my back as I knelt before the toilet, the nightmare jarring me awake and the images making my stomach churn. "It's been a while since you've been this sick." I could hear the question, and the concern, "you're not..."

"She's not pregnant," Tsunade said from the bathroom doorway before turning to enter the hospital room. "Stress, lack of sleep and nutrients, as well as grief."

I could sense the tear in Kakashi's emotions when he heard I wasn't pregnant and I wanted to kick him. He handed me a rag and I thanked him as I stood and wiped my face off. "Can I go?" I asked as I walked to the hospital bed.

"Nice to see you too," Tsunade crosses her arms and scowled at me, "You're released into Kakashi's care for five days. Yo-"

"Five days?" I screamed, "I have-" at her look, I shut up.

"Five days, then you can return to Suna," she sat a scroll down, "I had Kiba go into the forest to search for any evidence," she gestured to the scroll, "these are your belongings he found scattered about."

Kakashi put his hand on my back again and his warmth was calming, "Did he find anything?" We both thought it but he's the one who voiced it.

She shook her head, "No," she said grimly, "We're just waiting on Hana to get the results back at this point."

I gave a solemn nod and hung my head. Kakashi turned me into him I held the tears while he embraced me tightly. I needed to summon Sage and see what the process was to bury or burn or whatever they did in their clan to their dead- oh Kami. The dam broke and tears covered Kakashi's shirt that was already streaked with snot from the night before.

"Kitten," Kakashi whispered softly.

"He had a family," I sobbed and I clutched onto his shirt while I looked up at him, he was nothing but a blur of black and silver, his mask and hair, "two cubs and a mate. His brother, and- they'll never forgive me." I may have dropped my forehead to his chest with a little too much force but he didn't even flinch.

His arms were snuggly wrapped around me and we stood like that until I finally relaxed into him again. "Let's go home," he assured, "we can stop and get some ramen." I nodded into his chest, "After we eat, you can take a long bath, and then we'll nap." I nodded again and he laughed lightly.

I felt like a zombie as we walked, numb, and blind to anything aside from Kakashi's hand in mine. I stood outside the stall while he ordered and my vision wasn't focused on anything as people walked by. I mulled over when I should summon Sage, today or tomorrow would be best. My chest was tight and my stomach churned again but I held the bile down.

"I haven't seen you wake up like that in a long time," Kakashi's voice jolted me of my thoughts and I blinked up at him.

I sighed and we began walking to his apartment, "I've done pretty good with sleeping actually." I shrugged, "One night I couldn't sleep and Kankurō found me dead on my feet on top of the Kazekage mansion." I laughed at the memory, "if it wasn't for the food pills, I- wait." I stopped dead in my tracks and Kakashi was yanked back to me.