Lies and Secrets

Asa was now coming every two weeks for a visit, it was a nice break to the mundane pace my life had. I'm sure it was Obito's doing, her last visit was on Kakashi's birthday, taking Raiu into the village. That day I spent outside with Rowan, laying and watching the clouds blow by, thinking of a young Nara as I did. Troublesome. I giggled as I thought of it. Though it was two weeks ago, I still remember what Rowan and I talked about.

I was laying on my back, head resting on the large, docile wolf, something I had missed doing. I had my meltdown this morning after Asa left with Raiu, hating myself for many reasons. I had managed to keep the storm to just a drizzle, and it was now simply a cloudy day. I blinked as I opened my eyes, watching the clouds drift by, Shikamaru would've loved this place.

"This isn't going to end well." Rowan's voice was low, concerned someone could be near, but also simply concerned about me.

"I know that."

"So why torture yourself? Why beg for his affection and attention?"

"I'm not begging for anything." I countered.

"You know damn well what I mean."

I closed my eyes and sighed heavily, "I can't help that I fell in love with him, Rowan."

"Are you really in love with him? Or is it convenient?"

"You think this is convenient?" I snapped. "I'm in love with someone that's presumed dead, who is also an enemy of my village and Kakashi's friend. He's helping raise Kakashi's son! This is far from convenient." I sat up, one leg kicked out and one leg up, arm draped over it.

"You're the one that fell in love with him."

"Like I can control it?!" I said in a huff. "From the first time I met him, as Tobi, I knew there was something about him. He saved me from Hidan, and would've saved me from him again had he been there."

"Y/n-"

"I know, okay. I know there are only two outcomes to this." I sighed again, "He's either going to die, or succeed in his plan, and either way, I'm not in his happily ever after. I know that."

"Then go home."

Home. "I don't have a home."

"This is your home." Obito's voice caught us both by surprise, making Rowan spring to his feet.

Rowan growled, "Her home is Kon-"

"It was." Obito corrected. "She's loved and cared for here."

"Loved and cared for?" Rowan stalked forward and I stayed seated, watching the males argue. "She's left for days and even weeks alone, Asa visiting for a few hours every two weeks."

"This is for the better."

"Your logic of distancing yourself so she doesn't get attached isn't working." Rowan pointed out.

"I thought you weren't coming home today?" I asked as I stood up.

Obito lifted his mask and approached me, "I'll be gone for two weeks, I wanted to see you before I left."

"Again?" I looked up into his eye and frowned.

"I'm sorry, love. It's starting soon." He held my face in his hands, "I'll be gone more and more."