Chapter 1. Loose Ends

Excerpt  from last chapter  of book  2  included and updated

Eric was beyond angry. "Fucking Bombo Cloth," he cursed as he paced the room. It was one thing not to remember shit but for them to hide things from him was beyond comprehension. Eric looked at the clock. He told them 5 PM sharp. It was already 5:15 'Where the fuck are they? Hiding from me?"  

Lloyd was the first one to arrive.  He could see Eric was in a bad mood.  "Lola ask me to tell you to call her," Lloyd said rather cautiously. 

"Who? Who the fuck is Lola?" Eric asked. 

Lloyd smiled.  "Your project assistent.  She said that  you came to the office and you completely ignored her; she mentioned ice cold and she seemed upset," 

Eric massaged his forehead.  "Do you know what the nature of my relationship with her was before the accident?"

"If you are asking me if you were fucking her, I dont know," Lloyd laughed as if the whole thing was funny.  

Eric looked at Lloyd ready to let him have it. Linden and Grandpa Will saved him when they walked in.  The conversation about Lola was put on hold.  Last to arrive was Rick and he seemed just as angry as Eric. 

Lloyd put the lock on the door  preventing anyone from barging in.  When the Willbrooks men had a meeting, nothing said was to be heard by anyone except the members present.  Normally they would meet at the men's lodge with airtight security  but Eric wanted to meet in his office, which was just as airtight and secure.   He built it that way.  

"This better be an emergency like you said. With you out on leave, I have to pick up the slack; I dont have time to be called to a fucking meeting with you in the middle of the day over some petty shit," Rick said staring down his son.

"Middle of the day my ass; it's fucking 5:30 in the evening Dad," Eric said returning his father's stare.

"Enough! What is the problem Eric?" Grandpa Will asked.

Eric threw down the newspaper on the desk. They alll gathered around to see what in the paper had rattled Eric so bad. Grandpa Will could not see without his glasses. "Will one of you tell me what the hell the paper says?" Grandpa will asked.

"It's the murder trial of Tanya's father," Lloyd informed the old man.

"Who gave him this shit?" Rick asked looking at Lloyd.

"He asked me to bring him all the news paper I could find; what the fuck was I suppose to do?" Lloyd asked his father.

"Wrong question Dad; the question should be why didn't anyone tell me that I fucking kill my wife's father?" Eric asked. They all stood there speechless. Even Linden was speechless. What could they say?

"Is there anything else that happened within the past ten years that I should know about?" Eric asked. They all looked at each other. There was so much that happened.

"I asked you a question; is there anything I need to know about anything or anyone?" Eric shouted. Rick passed his hand over his face. He was shock that Sahita had not fill Eric in on the situation with Luke and Tanya. 'She couldn't wait to tell him about the kid she claim he had with Mila. She must have forgotten about Luke.'

"Rick if there is anything about the business that he needs to know then you should tell him, same for you Linden. If there is anything you thiink he should know about, tell him. Now Eric whatever personal things that happened with you and your wife then she should be the one to tell you...that is none of our business...although I think there are some things that is best left where they are, in the past," Grandpa Will said.