Chapter 10. Willbrooks vs Willbrooks

Eric walked into the office and was immediately confronted by his father.  "Your sisters are blowing up my phone asking about your mother.  Please handle this Eric or  I will by telling them who their mother realy is," Rick threatened.  

'As if I fucking care if they know'

"I will take care of it." Eric said.  His sisters  moved to the United States right after they finished high school to attend college.  They never return to the island after graduation.    

Rick was still trying to  wrap his head around  all Sahita did.  He could only imagine the struggle Eric was going through. To find  out  that  his mother, the woman he worshiped all his life had betrayed him in the most profound way must be gut wrenching.  To escalate all that, the person  that meant the most to him had walked out of his life.  There were times Rick wanted to take it upon himself  and take care of  Sahita but he promised Eric that he would let him handle his mother.   

Rick looked at his son. He seemed to have shut down completely since the last assault on him by his mother that resulted in Tanya leaving him.  He seemed lost without Tanya.  Rick barely   recognize the young man standing in front of him as his son. Eric didn't look the same and he sure as hell didn't think or act the same. Rick's heart went out to his son knowing the hell he was going through because of a selfish, obsessive and manipulative woman. All of that complicated by a narrowed life due to his memory loss from that accident...Just too  much for any human.     

Eric  chose a peculiar way to deal with all the shit coming his way.  The cutting of his hair was one thing but his whole demeanor was different...even his dress code was different.  His regular attire  of  blue jeans and button down shirt was replaced with all black...black tee shirt or black button down, black jeans and black boots.  It was evident by his physique that he was spending a lot of time in his gym.   Eric was positioning himself for war only Rick  didn't know with whom.  He just wanted to pull this emotionally abused young man to him and hugged him but he knew Eric would not want that.  The only person he would welcome a hug from was Tanya and she was gone.  Rick blinked back the tears  that were blurring his eyes.

"I am sorry Eric," he said.

Eric looked at his father through slitted eyes.  "I dont need your pity Dad."

"I don't pity you son...I just feel responsible for all she did to you," Rick said.

 "YOU did nothing to me...SHE did,"

"You going to be ok? I want you to know that you are not alone in all this shit." Rick said.   

Eric nodded and walked away.  

"I am here if you need to talk son," Rick hollered after him.

Eric walked  into his office and closed the door.  The phone rang and he picked up. It was his sister  Lila.  

"Eric? Is Mom all right!  Dad said that I should ask you.  What is wrong with Mom's phone?" Lila said.  

"Mom is not well Lila.  She is  mentally ill.  I am trying to keep her at the house but I may just have to get her into a facility  where she can get the proper treatment and care." Eric said.  

"What are you saying ? Mom is crazy?" Lila asked.

"Yes...she poisoned me...she needs to be monitored 24/7,"

"Poison? I dont believe you.  She would never hurt you; she loves you more than any of us," Lila said.

"Believe what you want," Eric responded with a shiver at hearing that his mother loved him.