Chapter 19. What's Next?

It was already a week and still Eric refused to see Tanya. She was in a bad mood. She walked over to the west wing and knocked on Lloyd's room door. There was no answer. She hissed her teeth and walked away when she saw Lloyd walking down the hall toward her. Lloyd had very little to say to her since the incident with Eric, even as he took care of all her needs including driving her to her doctor's appointment.  All his family was mad at her for shooting Eric. She could not blame them.  

"What's up?" Lloyd asked as they met in the middle of the hallway.  It was not often that Tanya visited the west wing of the house.

"It's been over a week; I need to see Eric," Tanya announced obviously annoyed.

"Tanya, I don't know what to tell you. I gave him all your messages. He is not ready to see you. You have to understand after what you did.  You shoot him missing his heart by inches." 

She was in tears.  "I went up there and the entire floor was guarded by Linden's people. They would not let me near Eric."

"Yea I heard. Linden is really pissed at you. What did you expect after almost killing his favorite nephew?"

She looked so fragile and Lloyd's heart went out to her.   "Look, stop the crying. I will talk to Eric again," Lloyd consoled her.

"Ericka misses him so much.  Did you take her to see him?" she asked.

"No, she talked to him on the phone, but he doesn't want her seeing him, like that in the hospital." 

"Why is it taking so long for him to come home? Are you telling me the truth? Is he getting better?" She asked in frustration.

Lloyd hesitated and that made her anxious. "Tell me, is something wrong?" 

"Well, he was running a temperature. They have him on intravenous antibiotics. They won't let him out as long as he is running a temperature." Lloyd informed her.

That  only made her cry more. "He might still die; that is what you are not telling me."

"Tanya that is not unusual for someone with that type of wounds to run a temperature," Lloyd explained.

Tanya nodded.  

"Do you need anything? How is the baby? How are you feeling?" Lloyd tried to change the subject.

"I don't know; I can't think of anything or anyone but him...Eric, I just snapped when I heard him say he love that woman," she continued.

"Are you sure you heard him say that?"

"He said it; I know what I heard," She was so overcome with grief.

"Hey, come here," Lloyd called her to him.

The two embraced. It had been a while since they were this close. He lifted her chin.

"If you want to help, then take care of you and the baby. You know how important that is to Eric. He is on his back in a hospital, but he has done everything to keep you out of jail. He wants you and this baby healthy and so do I," Lloyd said.

"He cares nothing for me. He cares only for this baby and Ericka. That is evident by his behavior. I heard him on the phone. He is seeing other people," She sobbed.

Lloyd shook his head. He could not understand why she thought the way she did, when Eric sleep or awake,  thinks only of her. "Tanya I am with Eric almost everywhere he goes. There is no other woman in his life. Yes, he cares deeply for the kids, but he cares even more for you; he loves only you girl," Lloyd tried to convince her.

Tanya ran away in tears. Lloyd sighed. From talking to Eric, he did not know if these two would have a marriage going forward. He thought that trust was going to be a major problem for them. He didn't have the heart to tell her that Eric was ok with her leaving.