Chapter 9. Deal Or No Deal

The phone rang and Eric hoped it was Tanya calling  to tell him that she was coming home.  He quickly grabbed the phone. 

"Tanya?"

"No, this is not  Tanya.  This is Kevin...Kevin Johnson.  Remember me?"

"WHO?!"

'Kevin Johnson? Who the fuck is Kevin Johnson?'

"Well, you probably remember me as Kenny...Tanya's brother,"

'Fucking Kenny  Johnson that pussy who has been fucking with me since I was a boy'

"Yes I remember you. What do you want?" Eric cautiously asked.  He was nervous that something happened to Tanya, because he could think of no other reason why Kenny would be calling him. They had never said a civil word to each other...not even as boys and from what he knew they blamed him for Mr. Johnson's death. "Is Tanya ok?" Eric asked.

"She will be if you will move out of her way so she can leave. Look she is in a fragile state, and she just need some space right now away from the island...and you. Can you do that for her?" Kenny asked.

"You have not reach out to your sister in years...none of you cared if she lived or die...didn't give a shit that you had a niece, but now you are telling me, who have been here for her, to get out of her way so she can go to you? I know nothing about you, yet you expect me to pack up my kids and send them off to you. What kind of a father would I be to do that?" Eric asked.

"Look bro you are right; I threw her to the wolves.  Despite what happened I shouldn't have turned my back on my sister. If you know anything about me, you know that I love Tanya and always wanted what was best for her and you also know that I never thought you were right for her and now here we are with everything so fucked up."

"I am not your bro.  You don't know me and I don't know you."     

Kenny laughed. "But I do know you Willbrooks. You have been a disruptor in our lives for as long as I remember. You have been obsessed with Tanya from the day you laid eyes on her and have latched onto her like a leech. She thinks you are her world but as you and I know, there is a whole world out there. Give her a chance to see it, just as you and I have," Kenny pleaded.

"Look Kenny or Kevin, whatever you call yourself these days, I have told your sister that she is free to leave but not with my kids, so all she needs to do, and you can advise her to do just that...is have the baby and then she is free to leave...only she leaves alone. Can YOU do that for her?"

"How can you ask her to give up her kids?" Kenny asked.

"How can you ask me to give up my kids?" Eric asked.

They were getting nowhere. Eric would not budge on Tanya leaving the island with his kids.

After he hung up with Kenny, he called Lloyd into his office. "What is eating you now?" Lloyd asked.

"That prick Kenny have the fucking nerve to call me and ask me to get out of Tanya's way so she can leave with my kids."

"Since when is he talking to you...or his sister?"

Eric gently massaged the stubble on his jaw. "He made a big fucking mistake calling me. He was never on my radar before, but now he sure as fuck is...I want to know every fucking thing about him. I need to know what he has been up to before and since he left the island...I mean everything. And get me a recent picture of the prick ASAP," Eric said.

"Big fucking mistake; these people don't know when to leave well enough alone," Lloyd said.

"Ahhhh...isn't that the fucking truth," Eric responded.