Chapter 6. Nothing But The Truth

Tanya did as Eric said and took a seat in the chair across from  him...the same seat his Nana was sitting in just moments ago.  He could not be sure if it was a dream.  It was just surreal.

"This chair feels warm; was Lloyd in here? I haven't seen him this morning," Tanya said.  

"No, I haven't seen him either," Eric said.   'Was my Nana really sitting there talking to me?  Dream I can deal with, ghosts are a whole different story'   

Tanya looked at him.  She thought how serious he looked.  He had no smile for her.  

'Something seems off; his persona is different.  He disappeared all of the previous day.  He didn't come to bed last night and his bed on the second floor was not slept in.'  

Tanya wondered where he was and what was up with him.  

He was wearing his hair down which he seldom does since the accident.  She wondered sometimes if he just didn't like his hair dread locked anymore.  She, however, got goose bumps every time she saw him with his dreadlock hair let down.  He had so much hair and it continued to grow like weed. She thought he looked like a king sitting in his chair ready to rule on his subjects.  The closer she got to departing for the US, the quieter and more somber he became.   

"I wanted to do your hair before I leave but you just took off all day yesterday without a word," she said.  

The washing and grooming of his hair were always an intimate time for them.  It took practically all day to do his hair.  Well, he thought they dragged it out. They always end up making love just before and sometimes after and a few times in between.   It was a time well spent together.  She had not offered to do his hair since she found out about Steph.  '

'She wants something? What else does she need from me? She is taking it all.  I will have nothing or no one left' 

"Why do you want to do my hair?" He asked pushing the file aside.

"I always do your hair," she replied.

"I am not interested in being in the friend zone with you.  You made it clear that you want to end our marriage. Remember?"  

She didn't want to discuss that.  "Did you stay out all day and all night? You could at least wait until I am gone to start with your shit again." Tanya said.

"I slept right here Tanya, in this chair.  Talking about yesterday, you are not going to believe who I ran into," he said not losing eye contact with her.

"Who? I am not in the mood for the guessing games," Tanya pouted.

"Luke, I ran into my cousin Luke."  Tanya's eyes popped open and she  turned a bright shade of red.   She quickly looked away from his gaze.  She knew that she was caught.

 "He looked pretty much the way you look  now, like a cornered rat; I think he shit his pants when he saw me.  I couldn't figure out why he would be scared of me...but then I found out why." Eric continued.

'He knows, he knows. How do I get out of this?'  

Tanya quickly regained her composure.  "I know what you are trying to do and it won't work; you are trying to deflect from what you did," Tanya said and got up to leave. 

Eric quickly got up too and locked the door and removed the key. 

"Sit down.  You are not leaving this room until you tell me what the fuck went down with you and that fucker."   

He pushed the intercom for the kitchen.  "Yes Mr. E?" Becky answered. 

"Is Ericka with you?" he asked.