Chapter 52. The Wish

Eric was late  coming home.  Tanya paced the room waiting for him.  'That accident he had where he lost his memory for months is never far from her mind. Eric  drank way too much at times especially when he was upset  and he drove way too fast, she thought. 

'Why didn't he call? He cant be that mad at me, can he? He sent me flowers.  Please let him be ok.'  

She looked at the big bunch of  flowers in a vase sitting  on her vanity, twelve pink roses embedded in an arrangement of beautiful tropical flowers.  She picked up the card and  read it again.  Eric was so criptic, she thought.   The card read, "Make a wish Mi Amor - Just Because you are you, E."

She saw his truck coming up the private road to their home and Tanya jumped into bed and grabbed a book.  Eric walked into the room and she pretended that she couldn't care less, when she was sick with worry about him. 

"Hey, he greeted her. 

Tanya ignored him.  He stripped out of his clothes and headed for the shower.   He was back in no time and sat on the bed looking at her.  "You are quite late." Tanya said.  

"I was hanging out with Billy, Lloyd and Jimmy."  

"I thought you were done with Jimmy."  She said.

"Yea, he can be an asshole sometimes, but he is not all bad."

"Why didn't you call? I was worried."

He reached over and kissed her on the lips.  "Sorry, I should have."

"You ok?" He asked.

Tanya nodded yes. 

He was not drunk but she detected something was off . "Want to talk?" She asked.

He nodded.  "Dad fired me." 

Tanya looked at him speechless.  She didn't  think that she heard him correctly.

"What did you say?"

"You heard me, the fucker fired me."

Tanya's mouth dropped open.  "Oh no! Because of me? Because of today?" 

"Well that is just a small part of it.  He has been getting on my last nerve for sometime now.  I told him to go get himself fucked and stop hanging around  waiting for  Daphne who was probably fucking  everyman on the island except him."

"My Aunt Daphne?! Oh Eric you didn't go there.  Are you saying that she is a whore?"

"Yes your aunt Daphne and she is not the saint you think she is.  Rick  is crazy about her but she doesn't want him ... not to settle down with and he is driving every one fucking crazy, me most of all."

Tanya didn't think her aunt would ever settle.  She had an independent spirit.  It would take a special man and Rick was not it.  "Settle down with Rick? Isn't he still married to your mother?"

He glared at her.  He did not want to talk about his mother.  'That bitch is the center of my agony.'  

Tanya quickly switched the subject.  "So what are you going to do about work?"  

"Live off my wife.  I hear she is a millionaire." He joked.

Tanya looked at her nails as she went in for the kill.  "Maybe you should  start your own company, compete against Rick.  You would blow him out of the water."  

Eric looked at her.  She was a quick learner.  She was as ruthless as any man in the business world.   "Yea I could,  but that would break Grand Pa Will's heart.  I needed a break from Dad anyway."