Chapter 27. All About Jess

The two brothers stayed clear of each other the rest of the day.  Eric was pissed at himself for making his emotions got the better of him.  

'What the fuck was I thinking talking to him like that for?' 

Lloyd  did not come down for dinner that evening.  He was still fuming after the argument he had with Eric.  It was just  Eric, Tanya and Ericka for dinner that evening.  And Tanya acted as if she wanted to be anywhere but having dinner with him.  Ericka took center stage chatting up a storm about everything that happened at school.  Some of the things she mentioned happened months ago, but one would think it all happened that day.  But she had both her parents all to herself and that was heaven to her.

After dinner , Eric headed over to see Lloyd.  He pounded on the door.  He knew that Lloyd was home, because his cars were still parked there.  He walled over to the deck area and there was Lloyd outside with the dogs.  Eric headed down the stairs.  The dogs saw him before Lloyd did and growled at him.  '

'That fucking Pepper

He could understand her barking at him, because she never liked him.  She was Tanya's dog, but the others were his dogs, how dare they?   Lloyd had taken over as their master.  Eric walked over to them, patted each of them except Pepper and they all calmed down and sat down.   Pepper  still continued to bark and growled at him.  

"Can we drop her off somewhere along the road and just tell Tanya that she wandered off?" Eric joked.

Lloyd smiled and shook his head.  "She would never believe that." 

"Then maybe let Caesar have his way with her.  That should calm her ass down."

"Tanya trust me not to let them near her like that." Lloyd said. 

"Really? So Pepper has never been fucked?" Eric asked.

Lloyd couldn't help but laugh.

"So now we know what her problem is." Eric joked.  

The laughter ended and they both looked at each other.  Eric was the first to break the awkward silence.  "Want to go for a beer?" he asked.

"Nay, just want to chill and do some thinking," Lloyd said.

"I am sorry about all the shit I said to you; I had no right." Eric said.

Lloyd closed his eyes.  "I am sorry too; we both said a lot of shit." 

"You sure you don't want to go for a beer?" Eric asked again.

"I am sure."

"You not still mad at me? Are you?" 

"What did you mean by  "She  looks a lot like her but she is not?"

"I... I  don't know what the fuck I meant." Eric confessed.

"You think that I would stab you in the fucking back?" 

"No, I don't think that Lloyd, If I did I would never trust you with all that is dear to me.  I don't think that.   I don't know why I said what I did.  Look, I just  don't want you to fall into the same shit I did.   I just hope that you don't.  You are always saying that you hope you find a love like mine and Tanya.  I don't know why you want that  when everything with me and her is so fucked up. " 

Lloyd looked away as if he did not care to talk anymore.

"So you giving Jess a ride, was just that, nothing else?" Eric asked and hoping that was all it was.

Lloyd looked back  at Eric.  The pause was much too long.  "What if it was more?" he finally asked.

"I would say buckle the fuck up because this was going to be the bumpiest ride of your life, that if  you have a life after  the Johnsons hear about it." Eric warned.