Chapter 63. Another Hiccup

Lloyd was late coming over for breakfast, but he was not expecting to find no one in the kitchen and the place so quiet.  There was no sign of Becky ... usually she was in the kitchen doing something at this time of the day.  There was no sign of Tanya and the kids.  He could see Eric through the wall of french glass doors, sitting  on the steps of the back deck.  He seemed in deep thoughts.  Lloyd pushed the sliders opened  and headed out toward his brother.  He took a seat on the step next to Eric.  Knowing  Eric, Lloyd  kept silent  waiting for his cue to say something.

"I know that  you want to say something, go ahead and say it before you bust." Eric finally said. 

Lloyd smiled and shook his head. "Congratulations on making full partner.  I thought that Rick was going to explode when Grandpa made that announcement." 

"Thanks Aya. Well in Dad's opinion Grandpa Will was making a big mistake rewarding me for  my bad behavior." Eric finger quoted bad. 

"He looked constipated when Grandpa Will asked him if the revenue hadn't more than double since you joined the company."

"Yea and he had no choice but to admit that it had because of my ideas."

The brothers looked at each other.  "That party was a fucking disaster though," Lloyd said.  

"Yes just as you predicted.  I think  Rick  is still in shock at seeing Stephanie. The little girl left him  speechless."

"Yea him and everyone.  I think I saw Daphne crossed herself.  She seemed totally pissed at Rick."

"Did you clear things up with Tanya about  the kid?" 

"I tried to, she doesn't believe anything I said.  She thinks  we are all trying to deceive her and the kid is really mine." 

"Well the kid is a mystery.  I still cant wrap my head around it.  

"Yeah, fucking mystery is what she is. I am sorry but I am going to wash my hands of the whole thing.  I told Linden to put her up for adoption, but he wants to keep her.  I think he is curious to see if she is going to turn into a real Sahita.  She is his problem now."

"I dont know that I would wait to see if  she is really Sahita.  That would be another disaster Aya."

"Agreed."  

Where is everybody? I cant remember seeing this place this quiet." Lloyd said.

"Well everyone left early this morning.  Sunday took Grandpa Will with her."

"And Tanya and the kids?"

"Gone." Eric said.

"Gone!? What the fuck you mean gone?" 

"She packed up with the kids and took Becky and Dee with her.  They left early this morning.  She left me."  

"Because of Stephanie?

Eric nodded yes.  "She all but accused me of fucking my mother." They sat in silence for what seemed  like an hour.  

He recalled the fight him and Tanya had  early that morning, after the party.

''You are all lying to me!  Don't  doubt that Sahita is her mother, but  that kid is  yours!" 

"What the fuck are you saying!? Me and my Mother!?" 

"I dont know Eric. Is that what you and your uncle are hiding?"

"Tanya think! You already knew about the kid, why would  I drudge up the issue just to lie to you?"