Chapter 53. Help!

Eric walked into Daphne's place.  He looked around for Daphne until his eyes landed on her.  She was busy  flirting with a younger man.  Eric noticed right away her attire.  Her dress couldn't be any shorter. 'Rick would have a cow if he saw that.'  Eric headed to the bar area and ordered a beer.  He sat and sipped his beer  and waited for Daphne.  He looked around the place. This was the most recent  of  all  her business places... very upscale, a combination of restaurant, bar and club and all located near the coast.   

He thought that she was doing well.  This was her fourth  place on the island.  It is believed by many that  Rick's money was  behind  Daphne's success in business.  Well that is what  Sahita thought.  Daphne tells everyone that it was her brother who gave her the start.  Eric thought that the woman was awesome at what she did.  He didn't care how she came by the money, she had his respect.

Daphne spotted him and wine her ass over to him. 'Oh that walk.' The woman had a unique walk that was attracting attention left and right.  Eric use to think that her walk was a put on for her audience.   But after she spent several weeks in his home caring for  Tanya and EJ, he realized that was how she walked and he also understood the hold she had on his father, not unlike the hold Tanya had on him.  'There is something special about the Johnson  women ... except sour face Edie. Then again she is not a real Johnson ... not by blood anyway.' 

"Well,well to what do I owe this surprise show? Where is my niece?" she asked  looking around.

"She is not here."

Daphne looked suspiciously at him.  "Your father is here then?"

"No Mam, I am here alone.  I am sure he told you that he fired me." 

Daphne hissed her teeth.  "Fire you? How is he going to fire you when you are part owner?"

"Well he thinks that he can." 

"I wouldn't pay much attention to your father.  He told me what you and Tanya did and I love it, just dont do it here or at any of my place of business.  I am not sure what happen to the shy innocent girl who was my niece."

Eric smiled.  'Dont know what happen to her either, but I am loving this new Tanya.'

"So what can I do for you? I know that you are not here to see my pretty face. Is everything ok with you and Tanya? How are my babies?"

"Everyone is doing great, no problem there."

Daphne was skeptical of his visit.  "You sure?" 

"I need your help."

"Ahhh I knew it.  What do you need help with now?"

Eric looked at the woman.  She was known on the island for her negotiation skills.  If anyone could pull off what he was about to ask of her, she could.

"Tanya wants a wedding with all the family from both sides - Johnsons and Willbrooks in attendance." he blurted out.  

Dapne looked at Eric speechless before she busted out laughing.  "I thought you said that Tanya wants a wedding with all the Willbrooks and Johnsons in attendance." 

"That is what I said Daphne." 

"You are kidding.  You cant think that is possible." 

"That is her wish.  She believes that the reason why we had such a rough patch in our marriage is becasue we never got the blessings from our families or from the church."

 Daphne went over to the bar and served herself a drink.  She gulped it down.  "Want something stronger than that beer you are babying?"  She asked Eric.