Chapter 18. The Limit

Becky stood in shock not knowing what to do. She was sure that Eric was dead.  "Lloyd, please lord let Lloyd be home," she cried.   She ran over to the intercom. Lloyd came on. "He is dead, she killed him," Becky bawled. Lloyd didn't ask any questions, he grabbed his pants putting them on as he ran to the east wing of the house.  "Fuck," he said at seeing Eric sprawled out on the kitchen floor bleeding out with Tanya's head on his chest crying. Lloyd quickly checked for a pulse. 

He was not dead, but he needed to get him help ASAP.  He dialed Jimmy's number. "Eric is hurt bad, can you get a helicopter over here ASAP?" Lloyd asked.

"What the fuck happened now?" Jimmy asked.

"I don't have time for your fucking interrogation. He is bleeding out on the floor from gunshot wounds, just get the fucking copter here now before we lose him," Lloyd said.

"Ok, ok, hold the line while I call it in," Jimmy said.

Within minutes Jimmy was back on with Lloyd.  "All taken care of. Apply pressure to the area; I am on my way," Jimmy said and hung up.

Jimmy must have flown to get there, because soon after he hung up with Lloyd there was a knock on the door. Becky ran to the door to find Jimmy standing there dripping wet. "Look the copter will be here in seconds. I don't want anyone to say shit until you all talk to me."

Lloyd nodded in agreement.

Jimmy looked over at Tanya. Her clothes was all bloody. It was hard to tell if she was injured too or if the blood on her was all from Eric. "You ok?" Jimmy asked.  

"I killed him. I know he is dead," she cried.

The copter was there within minutes. They administered emergency care to Eric. Jimmy kept asking them how bad it was and if Eric was going to be ok, but they would not give any specific answers. "Lloyd, you go with your brother; I will see about Tanya." Jimmy offered.

"No, I want to go with him," she cried.

"I will take you to him but first we have to get you cleaned up," Jimmy told her.

"I know he is dead; you are all lying to me," she cried.

"He is not dead, but you couldn't have picked a worst night to shoot him. Power is out all over the island, streets flooded out and blocked by debris," Jimmy said.

"He lied to me," she cried.

"You shoot him for lying to you? Tanya look at me. I don't want you to tell anyone that you shot Eric.  For now let's just say that the gun went off accidentally," Jimmy said.

"But I shot him. I should go to jail for that," She continued.

Jimmy passed his hand over his face. He seemed perplexed.

"Eric would not want that," Jimmy said looking at Becky. Becky understood that look.

"I don't fucking get it. I don't know of any two people who love and care for each  more than you do...since you were both fucking babies. Fuck if I know how something like this could happen to you two," Jimmy said with frustration.

Tanya was in shock and in her pregnant state anything could happen.  Jimmy decided to take her with him. "Becky can you take her upstairs and get her cleaned up? I take it Ericka is asleep?"

Becky wiped her eyes as the tears were just flowing. She nodded in answer that Ericka was asleep.

"Where is the girl...the nanny?" Jimmy asked.

"Dee? She is locked up hiding in her room," Becky said.

Jimmy shook his head. "Thanks fuck you were here to call for help."