Epilogue: All About Her

One year later :  

It was one of the biggest event the community had ever seen. Tanya's  wish s to have a wedding that would unite the Willbrooks and Johnsons for the first time in  decades and hopefully end the decades old feud that existed between the families.  It was a tall order to fill, but  Eric needed to make it happen for his wife.  

Tanya  thought that they were just having a wedding reception on the island for those who could not attend the ceremony they had a month earlier in the States.  Daphne met with  Eric for a check in on  "the" plan. 

"Are you going to tell me why two weddings  a month a part? Why didn't you just do one?" Daphne asked.

Eric looked at Daphne sitting across from him.  He wondered if he should tell her his greatest fear...that up until a month ago, he was probably not married to Tanya, all because his vindictive mother tricked him into signing an annulment.  He decided not to tell her.  

"What do you care? You are making out like a bandit.  Maybe we will do this every year."

"You are nuts.  I wouldn't even do it once in a lifetime." Daphne laughed.

 Daphne got all excited and Eric hoped that she had good news about Tanya's family. She dragged Eric into the back of a nearby bakery to show him a fancy cake. 

Eric passed his hand over his face. He couldn't care less about the damn cake. "Did you find out if her family is coming?" Eric asked.

"What did I tell you? Work on your family and I work on mine. The Johnsons will be there."

"Her mother too? That is Tanya's wish."

Daphne sighed. "I am still working on Edie, but don't you worry. She will be there even if I have to tie her up and drag her there."

Daphne went over the logistics. "The wedding will be  right on the beach.  You will say your vows right  off  the ocean  with the sunset as the backdrop.  Reception will be in the atrium."

And music? We want lots of it."

"Your band is playing and there are also two DJs performing.  You will serenade your wife.  It will  be taped and broadcasted island wide so everyone can watch on TV.  Everyone is sworn to secrecy.  She still believes it is just a reception of celebration. " Daphne finished. 

                                                                                                       ***********                                     

"Tanya? Eric called as he walked through the door.  

"I am in the kittchen with the kids."

EJ ran to meet his father and Eric picked him up and tossed him in the air and the baby  just laughed and laughed.

"Gain, gain," EJ gigled. Eric did it again.     

Ericka who had outgrown that sort of greeting from her dad  said hi to her father and continued with  her dinner. Eric walked over and kissed her on the head.  

Nine months old Angel was also excited to see her father. She banged on her tray as she struggled to get out of her high chair.  Eric walked over to Tanya and kissed her on the cheek, then he freed Angel from her high chair.  She was a mess.

Eric sat down  with his family and played with the kids.  He could clearly see that  something was bothering  his wife.   

"Hungry?" Tanya asked Eric. 

"Yes, what's for dinner?" He asked.

'See, he is hungry, that right there tells you that he was not out with a woman.'