Chapter 30. Unlikely Partnership

Eric raced through the building asking everyone if they had seen a pregnant girl with two women, but could not stop long enough to get an answer.  The reception was held at a hotel so he decided to head first to  the hotel lobby before he knocked on every fucking door in that hotel.  He pushed past the people standing in line to check in.  One woman called him rude but he didn't fucking care.

"You seen a pregnant girl in champagne color gown? She was with two women."

The woman thought for a moment.  "Come on she is my wife and I think that she was abducted." Eric shouted. 

The room went quiet for a second before everyone started talking.  Everyone including the guests were sympathetic to his plight.  "Tell the man if you see something," One woman shouted.

"I don't know what she was wearing but two woman came by here with a man carrying a lady.  They went that way." she pointed.   

Right then Luke ran up toward him.

'I don't have time for this fuck right now'

Eric pushed Luke hard against the wall.  "I will fucking kill you if you have anything to do with this." Eric shouted.

Luke held up both his  hands.  "I swear to you I had nothing to do with Tanya missing.  I am just as worried about Tanya as you are." Luke said.

"Look Emily told me what happen.   I think they took Tanya to the dock."  Luke said. 

Eric thought for a quick second.  'The dock?'

"Why the dock?" Eric asked sizing him up. 

"The parking lot is in the other direction,  the dock is where she pointed." Luke said.

Eric looked at Luke.  Could he trust this fuck? How could he be sure Luke was not part of the scheme?"

"You said  they, they who? Who took her?" Eric asked.

"Your guess is as good as mine.  Emily said two women.  We are wasting time man." Luke said.

"You expect me to trust you? Your mother could be involved and you too."

"I would never do anything to hurt Tanya;  you have to know that.  I think they gave her something. Emily said that she looked drugged,"  He paused.   "I would never hurt her.  You are right,  I love her but she loves you and there is not a fuck I can do about it."  He admitted.

Eric closed  his eyes at hearing that.  "And Emily doesn't know if one of these women was your mother? You expect me to believe that?"

Luke looked away, then back at Eirc.   "To be honest, I didn't tell my mother about Emily yet.  They have never met.   My mother is no different than your mother.  I didn't want to set her on Emily."  

Eric looked at his cousin.  For some reason that he did not understand, he believed  Luke.

"Look, let's just bury the hatchet until we find Tanya, deal? Luke asked.

"Come on, let's go." They both ran to the dock.

They were just  in time to see a big boat took off.   They yelled and waved for the boat to wait  but they ignored them and took off.

"Fuck." they both said at the same time.

                                                                                            *********************

Eric  and Luke ran  back to the hotel where Eric  called his uncle.  Linden had a boat docked nearby that they could use.  He did not want the coast guards police  involved because he intended to kill every fucking one involved in the abduction of his wife.  He did not want any eye witness.