Chapter 49. Haunted

Linden tapped Eric on his shoulder. "We good?"

"Yea, why wouldn't we?"

"Well I just said a lot to you, just want to know that there is no hard feelings." Linden said.

"I dont know what I would do without you Uncle Linden.  You  have done so much for me, taking in Stepahanie incuded.  I have nothing but gratitude,  so no hard feelings.  You gave me much to think about, things I have been putting off for some time but you are right that I need to deal with them and soon."

"Good." Linden said.

"Does she ever ask about her?" Eric asked not wanting to say his mother's name.

"Ask about who? Your mother?"

Eric nodded.

"In the early part yes, but now no, she is happy Eric. The best thing you could have done for her is get her away from that woman ... I should say that monster."  

Eric mind wondered a bit.  "As a kid I still think that she was a good mother to me.  Rick was never around and she was all I had ... of course I spent a lot of time with you and Grandpa Will and Nana. When did it all went south?"

"What she had for you Eric was not love.  She was fucking obsessed ... with you... never with your sisters.  She was so obsessed with your hair I didn't understand it.  She  came at me with her crazy ass blaming me for your decision to loc your hair.  She was like all that good hair ruin. The woman was crying as if someone died."

Eric closed his eyes.  He loved the woman whom he called mother most of his life.  He didn't want to remember the monster his mother became.  

"Is Steph in need of anyhting?" Eric asked.

"Only love Eric,"

He was haunted.  It was tearing him apart that  Steph could not be a part of his  life with Tanya and the kids. "Yea I get that and I know that I need to spend time with her.  I just cant get my head around how the whole shit went down.  It leaves a  bad fucking taste in my mouth."

"It will take time Aya.  one step at a time, seen?"

"What does Steph need or want for Christmas?" 

Linden pulled on his beard. "Christmas Aya? You know the I dont believe in all that shit.  I only entertain the idea for family sake.  I love that the family reunite around that time, but all the hype with the shopping and decorations is bullshit for the establishment to make money.  Everyday a Christmas for the I." 

" I want to get Steph something though.  What do you think?" Eric asked.

"You doing for her Eric, sending her to a great school.  That school cost a fortune, but if you want to get her a gift, I will check with Imogene."

"When are you going to marry that woman?" Eric asked.

"Imogene is my wife Aya, we dont need no paper to tell us that." 

"True that."

                                                                                                    ***********

Eric and Linden was just about done talking  when  his phone rang.  It was his admin on the internal line.  "There is a white man out here with Jimmy.  They want to talk to you."

Linden looked at Eric.  "Rass cloth, a white man with Jimmy? Did Jimmy say anything about  this to you before he barge in here?"

"No, but I know that  he is not satisfied about  the investigation of what happened on St. Bart."