Chapter 14. Destiny

Eric was preoccupied as he left his office.  He was worried about the call  he just got from Zoe.  'Zoe, why is she contacting me now?'And who the fuck is she really.  She wanted to tell me something but decided against it.  But what?'  

He was lost in his head when he bumped into Lloyd coming from the kitchen.  

"So I heard that Tanya spent the night but that look on your face tells a different story. Did you get laid last night?" Lloyd teased. 

"It's none of your fucking business if I did.  Zoe? Did I ever mention that name to you?" Eric asked.

Lloyd shook his head.  "Zoe? Who the fuck is Zoe?" Lloyd asked.

"I wish the fuck I knew.  She just called, said that we went to college together but I get this feeling that she didn't call just to say hello," Eric said.

"Look, dont go looking for trouble.  If she didn't say shit, then leave it alone," Lloyd advised.  

"You are right.  I dont need any more trouble in my life,"

"So did you tell Tanya about the fight with Kenny?" Lloyd asked.

"I tried to but she had other pans," Eric said. 

Lloyd laughed.  "Mother fucker you did get laid.  Aya you should tell her before she hears it from someone else, like Sharon," Lloyd advised. 

                                                                                               <><><><><>

Eric was still talking to Lloyd, when he looked up and saw Tanya running down the stairs.  "What the fuck is she doing?" Eric asked.  

It all happened so quickly, she must have missed a step and came flying down the stairs.  Eric made a dash towards her in an attempt to catch her but  was too late.  Tanya tumbled down the stairs and landed on her butt.  Eric breathed a sigh of relief when she landed on her ass and not on her stomach.   "Holy shit Babe, you ok?" Eric asked as everyone gathered around.  Eric checked her ankle and she screamed out in pain.  It seemed like she twisted her ankle because she could not bear any pressure to it.   

"Stay away from me," She cried.  

"Eric looked at Lloyd and they knew.  'She knows'  

"Tanya dont be silly, you just took a tumble;  I have to get you to a hospital right now.  It could be more than just your ankle,"

"I dont want you near me.  How low could you get? You were with me all night and didn't feel the need to tell me that you beat up my brother and put him in the hospital? How could you do that after ... Daddy," She cried.   

"Tanya I tried to tell you; you kept saying tomorrow we talk; I did not start anything with your brother.  He started it, ask LLoyd," 

"He did Tanya.  Kenny and a bunch of his friends attacked us in the pool hall," Lloyd said.

"Look let me take you to the hospital or to your doctor ... please," Eric begged.  He was in tears. He was scared to death for her and the baby.  

"Will you let Lloyd drive you then?" Eric asked.  

"I need to go see Kenny," She cried.

"Listen to me and listen good.  You are going to the hospital or to your doctor's office to get checked out, you choose.  After that  you are free to go see that prick you call brother," Eric said.

"I hate you," she cried. 

"And I love you and I hope you love our baby enough to get yourself checked out,"