Chapter 20. Always Home

Eric was finally out of the hospital. He settled in at the little beach house away from everyone. Lloyd had the place cleaned and the refrigerator stock with food for him just as he asked. He just wanted to be alone to chill and do some heavy thinking. He had his guitar with him and the small piano was still in the house. Everything was still there, just as they left it... furniture and all. They did not take much from the little house when they moved up to the New mansion. Eric felt nostalgic as Lloyd pulled up to the house. The lawn was immaculate and the flowers in the garden were in bloom. The coconut trees were loaded with coconuts. Eric sighed. 'Home'

The minute he stepped through the door, a flashback hit him. He could see himself picking up Tanya and carrying her through the door. 'Was this right after they got married?' He recalled Tanya telling him that they did not have sex for four months after getting married.

Lloyd was concerned as he watched his brother suddenly stopped and held onto his head as if he was in pain "You ok?"

Eric shook his head. "I just had a flashback; I was carrying Tanya through the door. Maybe we just got married?" His mind was a jumbled mess.

"I think you guys had been married a few months before moving here, but you carrying her through the door might be the first time Tanya was seeing the house," Lloyd tried to fill in the blanks as much as he could for his brother.

Eric walked through the tiny house and came to the master suite. He stopped at the door. He got so emotional. Lloyd did not know what to do or say. It was all surreal. 'This was where we did it ... where we finally became one' It was all too much for him. He was overwhelmed with emotions and he wondered if this was a good idea after all coming back to this house.

"Are you going to be ok staying here by yourself? I could come stay with you, at least for the first few days,"

"No, you need to be with Tanya, just in case she needs you. That picture of her looks like her belly has already dropped,"

"I hope not; she told me that she is thirty one weeks. Let's hope she goes full term," Lloyd said and crossed himself.

"Are you planning on being  with her for the birth of the baby?"

"Yes, if she lets me. I think I missed Ericka's birth, correct?"

"Yea, you were stuck in traffic and then that crazy woman walked out of the hospital with her in her bag. You went fucking ballistic and shoot her. I had to beg you not to kill her,"

"Crazy bitch never admitted that my mother was involved, did she?"

"No, she kept silent all the way to prison. Jimmy felt that she or her family was threatened."

The two brothers were quiet for a while, lost in their own thoughts.

Lloyd broke the awkward silence. "You two have been to hell and back; I sure hope you make it to the side of happiness. That is my wish for you - to find happiness together or with someone one else. I would hope it is together," Lloyd said.

"fuck if I know; but I do know that I will never love anyone else,"

"Do you remember now what happened with Mila?"

"It is all still fucking hazy. I remember picking up Tanya from the airport. I was devastated and so fucking angry after seeing those pictures of her and Luke. We were here and we had a big fight about it. I think I slapped her...can't believe I did that and then I left,"

Lloyd recalled the night. "Yea, I remember you going through some shit at the time. You freaked me out; I never saw you in that state before. You were drinking a lot that night and cursing out Luke. I begged you to let me drive you home, next thing I know you disappeared."