Chapter 64. Love is Not Enough

"Talk to me. That was my baby too wasn't it?"

Tanya's eyes popped open at his statement. 'What is he insinuating?'

"I just need to know what happened Tanya ... that was my baby too, I cant believe you would make such a drastic decision without  talking to me."

If he was hoping to get an answer out of her, he didn't get one.  She just closed her eyes as the tears began to flow.  It was obvious that she was in a lot of pain...immotional pain.  He began to tear up too.  

"Tanya you have to know that  nothing you did or didn't do will stop me from loving you. You know that, don't you?"

"Love is not enough ... Just go." She cried.

He could not believe what he was hearing.  'Since when is love not enough for us?'

"I am not going to invade your space, because you ask me not to, but right now I just need to hold you." he said.

He made a move toward her and Tanya just curled up into herself.  "No, please don't touch me."

Eric held up both palms.  "Ok, I won't touch you, just know that I want to and most of all know that I love you."

Eric left Tanya and went looking for Becky.  He found her in the kitchen fixing a bottle for EJ.  

He reached for EJ, but the child would not go to him.  "Is he mad with me about something?" Eric was puzzled by EJ's behavior toward him. 

EJ was not yet a year old, but somehow he understood what was going on with his parents and he was mad at his father.  Eric thought that  maybe  EJ had inherited that special power like his Nana had.  She could read everyone's mind like a book. 

Becky pondered Eric's question. "Well  he is a lot like you Mr. E, not just in looks, but his ways.  He gets pissed off for everything and nothing." .

Eric laughed.  "Me? Pissed off for everything and nothing?" 

Becky rolled her eyes at him.  "Ok, ok I know. I have a temper." 

Eric looked around the apartment.  "Where is Dee? You seem like you have your hands full." 

"She has school today."    

"What time is she coming back? I need you to keep a close watch on Tanya.  You can't do that when you have to care for the kids too."

"She should be back by lunch time sir.  

"Becky what do I tell you about calling me sir? We are almost the same age. Does Jess come over after school?"

"Some days, not always."

"And Edi...Tanya's mother?"

"Yes, she dropped  by a couple of times."

"I just need to know, there is someone with Tanya at all times.  You understand?"

"I do Mr. E.  I do my best."

"I know Becky ...you are like family to us...you are family. I hope you know that."

Becky nodded.   

Eric left, but could not keep his mind on work.  He picked up Ericka from school and  was back at the apartment later that afternoon.  Tanya was out back with EJ, when he arrived.  He brought back mango  ice cream for Tanya.  That was her favorite. 

"Feeling better?" He asked.

Tanya ignored him as she fed the baby.  "Why don't you move back to the beach house...you would be more comfortable there. I could stay here and you and the kids could move back there...that is your house Tanya."