Chapter 42. Truth

"Eric," 

"Zoe? Is that you?"  To say that he was shock to see her would be an understatement. 

She smiled nervously and placed her sunglasses on top of her head. "You remember me? Last time we spoke you were recovering from a bad accident.  You lost your memory and didn't remember who I was." 

'I remember your ass, made me sell my car to give you six grand for an abortion.  Fucking idiot like me had no clue that no abortion cost  six thousand dollars.  Played me like a fucking fiddle.'

She walked over and embraced Eric.  Eric hesitantly returned the embrace.

"So good to see you." She said.

"What are  you doing here?"  

There was that nervous laugh again.  "Just visiting.  This is a great vacation spot.  I am staying at the hotel across the street." 

"You are here alone on vacation?"

"Yes, is that a problem? I am single Eric, I have no choice but to go  on vacation alone."

Eric took a pull on his cigarrette.  "No girlfriends?" he asked knowing women go on vacation together all the time.  He did not like it that she was all alone walking around on the island.

She smiled.  "To be honest it was a spur of the moment decision."

"Well, just be careful shit happens to unsuspecting visitors to the island all the time." 

"I am careful, I dont leave the resort except to come here.  I love autentic island food, but I dont have to tell you that, you introduced it to me." 

'Is she really going into a restaurant dressed like that.  A bikini would have provided more coverage.'

She was dressed in hot pants, the shortest shorts he had ever seen with a midriff top.  One could see up the crack of her ass if she made a slight bend and her blond hair was pulled back in a high ponytail.  Her big blue eyes glistened.  He hoped it was from sweat and not tears.  He thought it was hot as fuck and the energy she brought just made him hotter.  Eric found himself in an awkward position.  He prayed that Tanya didn't walk out and see him talking to Zoe.  

'I dont need any more fucking drama in my life.'

"Have some time to catch up? I could treat  you to lunch or dinner." She offered. 

"Sorry, not a good time, my wife is inside.  I am waiting for her to come out."    

 "You are smoking again I see.  You have to know that  those things are bad for you."

"Zoe the doctor.  You are a doctor now.  Right?"

"Yes.  I am doing my residency now."

"That is good news Zoe." 

Zoe reached into her purse for a pen and paper and wrote down something and gave it to Eric.

"Call me.  I am here until Friday. We really should catch up."  

'Why the fuck for?'

Eric looked up and there was Tanya standing at the door looking right at them.

'Fuck.  This is not good.' 

Tanya hurried down the steps with the baby.  "What the fuck is going on Eric?"

"I guess this is your wife Tanya?" Zoe said.

"Tanya this is Zoe.  Zoe, my wife Tanya and our baby boy EJ.  Tanya Zoe and I  went to college together."