Chapter 58. Silent Night

Lloyd walked Eric outside as their uncle asked him to do.  Eric was like a demented soul as he paced back and forth holding his head.  Lloyd didn't know what to do to help his brother.  

"Talk to me.  You are scaring the shit out of me." Lloyd said.

Eric looked at Lloyd.  "Have a cigarette?"

Lloyd smiled at Eric and pulled out his wallet.  "I have something much better Aya."

Lloyd lit the joint and passed it to his brother.  Eric took it,  pulled on it real hard, inhaled and held it in before he slowly exhaled.  "This shit is good, where you get this? Linden?" He asked.

Lloyd nodded yes.  The two brothers sat on the back steps  of the  family home, passing the joint between them.  

Lloyd had never had the opportunity before to appreciate the home of his father.  As Rick's bastard, Sahita would not allow him to visit. "It is really nice here, with the river running right through the property... a beautiful piece of property.  Is that Tanya's parents house I am looking at over there?" Lloyd asked.  

Eric answered without looking at his brother.  "Yep that is Tanya's room right there, I use to watch her from my bedroom."

"Really? Like a fucking perve?"

Eric smiled remembering that  Tanya's brother use to call him that.  Now he finally understood why. 

 "As far back as I can remember,  I have always loved her Lloyd, always knew that she would be my wife one day and now fucking this."  

"And she is your wife.  We will fucking fix this.  Grandpa Will has a lot feiends in high places.  I am sure if none of us can, he can fix this." Lloyd assured his brother. 

"Right now I can't even fucking think.  Tanya never wanted to have sex before marriage.  What do I say to her? We are not really married. We have been shacking up all these years and our kids are bastards? She would fucking shoot me and she would be justified this time." 

"Look I think you should stay silent on this shit.  Keep this between us for now.  Don't say anything to Tanya until we know for sure that shit is authentic."

"That signature looks authentic.  The one on Steph's birth certifficate looks forged but this one, I think it's real."  

"You would think the woman hated you for all she did, but I am bigining to think that in her fucked up way, she did all this because she loved you and was trying to keep you to herself."

"She  had no fucking clue what love is, but she sure as hell knew about hate.  She hated the Johnsons, Tanya most of all." Eric said. 

"But why? Dont you want to know?" Lloyd asked.

"I have tried over the years to find out, but all she would say is that Tanya is not right for me and that the Johnsons were evil." 

"And Dad? He doesn't know either?"

"Looks to me that he just looked the other way and gave her space to do all the shit she did.  That  was his way of  not having to answer  to her for all the shit he did."

"Did you see that she has Luke's birth certificate in that safe too; now why the fuck would she have that in her possession?"

"Luke's birth certificate?!" That got Eric's full attention.  "Did it say who were his parents?" 

"Seena is written in as his mother, but the part for father was left blank. I say that shit is as fake as that  annulment." 

"That annulment is real Aya, I think she fucking tricked me into signing it.  I remember while  I was in jail she brought some papers for me to sign, I thought I was signing  a retainer for the lawyer.  I fucking trusted her, never fucking look to read what the fuck I was signing."