Chapter 39. Perception

Tanya gazed down at EJ as if she was seeing him for the first time. She looked at his toes and fingers.  One by one she counted them. 

"Hmm, did he have an extra finger?" she asked.

"Yep.  I had them remove them.  They  were just like  tiny thread hanging next to his little fingers."  

Eric watched Tanya with the baby.  'Did she ever get a good look at him before now?'

"He looks like Ericka." She said.  

"Yes he does except for the eye color, I believe he has your eyes and a lot more hair than she did." Eric added.

"Yes he has a lot more hair.  Isn't that weird that the boy would have more hair than the girl?"

EJ fill his belly with Tanya's milk and soon fell asleep.

"Can I take him back with me to my room?" She asked Eric.

It was sad but he was not at a point where he trusted Tanya alone with the baby.

"Why don't you stay here with him? You can take the bed and I will stay in the sitting area."

"There is no need to stay in the sitting room, the bed is big enough for the both of us. You me and Ericka have slept comfortable in this bed before."

Eric looked at her. After just telling him that she was leaving him, now she is talking about them sleeping in the same bed.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"How could you ask that after you just told me we are done?"

Tanya laughed. "Well I am sure that you won't maul me as I sleep."

Eric did not see the humor.  "Does she think this is fucking funny?'

"Tanya put the baby down and go to bed," Eric said.

"You are mad at me. Why?"

"Why? You just told me that we are over and now you want to share a bed with me. You think our life, our kids is a fucking joke? This is our life Tanya."

She ignored Eric and put the baby down and got into his bed. To Eric's surprise, EJ was up only one more time that night, for his 3AM feeding and Tanya got up with him and breast fed him under the watchful eyes of Eric.  

"You dont trust me with him, do you?" She asked.

Eric refrained from answering.  What could he say? She was right, he did not trust her with the baby.  

                                                                                         ************

Both EJ and Tanya was still sleeping when Eric left the room next morning and made his way downstairs for coffee.  He had little to no sleep.  Daphne was already up and making breakfast. She had basically took over the kitchen from Becky. The woman had a big smile on her face. 

"Care to share what is causing that smile on your face? I need some of it." Eric said.

She poured a cup of coffee for Eric and slid it  across the counter to him. "Now tell me, I saw Tanya go into your room last night. How are things with you two?" Daphne pried.

"She wants to leave me." Eric said rather bluntly.

Daphne spilled her coffee at hearing that. "Stop joking, I have no time for your shit."

"I have good news too. She seems to be finally bonding nicely with EJ. She breastfed him last night."

"Is Becky up there now with her and the baby?"