Chapter 2. Life Catches Up

Eric and his father switched roles as  Eric assimilated back into the business under the close guidance of his uncle.  Rick took over the construction projects  while Eric took on more of a financial role.  Linden stepping up to help out made Grandpa Will very happy to see all his boys working together.  But Eric felt most at peace when he was in the music studio. He loved taking Ericka with him to the studio and teaching her to play the piano.  

Dinner time became a family afair.   Right after dinner Ericka would sit with her father and showed off to everyone how well she could play the piano.  Eric thought she was pretty good for a kid not yet three.  

Eric and Ericka was at the piano playing, when the phone rang.  Tanya almost jumped out of her skin.  She was  afraid to answer the phone after Becky told her that someone kept calling  and hanging up.  She was afraid it was Neil or Luke.  'I should tell Eric about Luke before Sahita does'  

Eric  watched her.   'Why is she  just standing there looking so panicked to  answer the phone?'  He walked over and took the phone from her.  He slowly put the phone to his ear and said hello.  No one answered, but someone was on the line. 

"Is this how you get off? Terrorizing  people? Looks like  you are tired of living," Eric said and hung up. 

 "How long this been going on?"  

Tanya was petrified.  "About two weeks," 

He thought that  maybe it was Lola.  She was blowing up his office phone but he refused to talk to her or  it could be someone else from his past  trying to reach him.   He wrapped his arms about her and kissed her forehead.  "I will have the numbers change and add some more security."  Tanya nodded. 

Eric went to his office to investigate the call.   It was an international call.  'Who could be calling and not saying shit?' 

                                                                                      <><><><><>

Eric  met Lola at the bay.  She was sitting on a bench when Eric arrived and she immediately stood up with open arms to embrace him.  Eric  avoided her hug and headed towards the food stand nearby.  "I am hungry, lets grab something to eat," he said.

The challenge for him was to carry on a conversation with her without divulging  his memory loss.  "What do you want? The jerk chicken sandwich is good," he said.   Last time she had that she almost choked to death right in front of  Tanya; she decided to play it safe and settle on a  beef  patty and a soda. They took their food and headed back to a picnic table.  

"You seem different, but I cant  pick up on what is different," Lola said.

"Maybe I am not the Eric you knew," He smiled. 

Lola was taken aback by that comment.  "Stop weirding me out,"  

Eric got straight to the point.   "Why  you been blowing up my phone?" Eric asked much too calm.  

"Why are you ignoring me? I dont like to be ignored," she said.  

"And you have been a pest;  you have to know what happen to pests," 

"All I want  is to talk to you Eric; are you going exterminate me for that?" She said.

"Have you been calling the house phone too?" Eric asked.

"No, just your home office phone," she said. 

He pushed an envelope over to her.  Lola looked at him then opened it.  She looked at the content  then back at Eric.  It was a clear picture of Lola  on the beach outside  his home taking pictures.   "This is private property.   What were you doing  by my home? Are you a stalker?" Eric asked.