Chapter 24. The Alien Visits

Eric dropped Ericka off at school  and then headed down to his office.  He couldn't help but think about what Becky said.  He had never seen Ericka that  upset with him or her mother.  As he drove along, he picked up the car phone and dialed the house number.  

Lloyd picked up.  "What did I miss Aya?" 

"What do you mean?"  

"Well, I came down for breakfast and none of these woman are talking to me.  Becky and Dee, hurried off  as they saw me and  Tanya walked off in tears but would not tell me what happened on that date."

"When we got back Ericka was very upset.  She woke up and didn't see any of us." Eric said.

"And that made everyone mad?" Lloyd asked.

"Apparently yes, you know she runs the household.  Let me talk to Tanya." 

Lloyd pushed the intercom to the master suite and told Tanya to pick up the phone.  

Eric waited for her to pick up.  "Hey,"

"Eric? Is Ericka ok?" 

"Ericka is fine; how about you? You ok?"

"I think so," she said.

"Look I don't want you to worry; we will work this out.  Like I said, I enjoyed our time together this morning and I will be over later so we can talk some more, yea?"

"Ok," She said.

Despite  everything with Ericka, he felt better after talking to Tanya and he enjoyed the time they spent together that morning just watching that sunrise.  He pulled up to the office and whistled as he walked in.  His good mood turn to shit when he saw who was there.  

Didi looked at her watch.  "You are late."

Eric was puzzled by what she said.  Since the incident  with the shooting, he was not on a regular schedule.  He came and go depending on whether he had an appointment with a client.  He was sure that he did not have an appointment with Didi, especially since his father was handling her project.  

"Late? Late for what?" 

"I have been sitting here waiting patiently for you."

 "Waiting for me? Why?"  

She seemed upset, but she hid it well.  "I am here to see you." 

Rick walked in at that moment.  He looked at his watch. "Did I mess up? Did we have an appointment  Miss Rawlings?"

Didi smiled.  "Didi, please call me Didi, and no Rick, we don't have a meeting.  I am actually here to see Eric." 

Rick looked at his son.  Eric looked back at his father  and shrugged his shoulders. 

Eric walked pass Didi to his office and she followed him in and closed the door.

"Ok can I get you anything? Tea coffee?" Eric asked. 

She nodded her head no.  "You disappoint me Eric."

"Well get in line, I disappoint many people including myself."

"You acted like a total jerk last night,"

"How the fuck did I act like a jerk?" 

"I was wasted and I asked for your help and you totally refused.  What would it take for you to give me a ride home?" she asked.

"I got you a ride home.  Jimmy offered  to take you.  you said no."   

"I don't know Jimmy; I asked you."