Chapter 62. Her Father's Daughter

Imogene looked at Linden, then stepped up to Tanya.  She put her arms around Tanya.  "Why don't we start that catchup that is so long overdue?"

Imogene turned to Linden, then to Eric.  "Denny, Eric why dont you see about the children.  Can you handle that?" She asked giving both of them a stern look. 

"Denny?" I thought only Grandpa Will is allowed to call you that." 

Linden looked after the gorgeous woman who was not only his best friend but his partner in every sense of the word.  "She can call me anything." 

"I should go see about Tanya." Eric said.

"Nay, leave her for now with Imo.  Trust me Aya, it is for the best right now."   

Linden turned to his children.  "Meana, make yourself at home ... you are in charge.  See about your brothers  and sisters, I need to talk to your uncle Eric.  Yea?" Linden told his daughter.  

Just like Imogene did with Tanya, Linden placed his arm around Eric's shoulder and led him through the house to an outside deck.  "What the fuck just happened in there?" He asked.

Eric just looked at his uncle.  He didn't know what to say. 

"I thought we agreed that you would tell Tanya that the tests revealed that the kid is your sister.  She seemed in shock to see Stephanie, and to see that she looked like your mother." 

"I know, I just can't come to grips with all that shit.  I am having a hard time making myself believe that, how in hell am I going to make Tanya believe it? She is going to think I am fucking lying."

"Then you show her the test results that the kid is not your daughter.  I know Stephanie is still a mystery in many ways ... to all of us, but  what other explanation do we have? She is not your daughter so don't lie to yourself and fall on the sword and say that she is just to avoid the scary fucking truth.  The child  is here and she is real as you and me."

"Is she though? Is she real as you and me?"

Linden knitted his brows in frustration. "She is not a ghost Eric.  She is flesh and blood just like us." 

"Just like us you say? Are you sure about that? For heavens sake Uncle Linden, you  know nothing about this kid and you are raising her with your own kids.  Think man."

"I did this for you.  Remember?"

"Yes I do, but we know now that she is not mine."  

Linden looked at Eric and he knew what Eric was thinking.  "What the fuck are you getting at? I love you and you know that I would do just about anything for you ... but we are not doing that son.  We just have to convince your wife  that the kid is your sister and we dont know that she is not."

"And we don't know that she is either."

"True, but we know that she is related to you somehow.  We just don't know how.  She is a scientific miracle and I think it's best if we keep her close to us.  The time comes when she becomes a demon like Sahita, we deal with it then.  Seen?"

Eric nodded yes. "Wait until Dad sees her.  He is going to have a fucking cow, knowing that she is not his child."

"You know we should have done a better job convincing Rick to do the paternity test.  The fucker could be her father, although he swore to eat bible leaf that he has not touched Sahita in years."

"I dont believe it, they always sleep in the same bed when his ass was home." Eric said.

 "I dont fucking believe that shit either, knowing  that woman if they share the same bed, she would ride him even in his sleep." Linden added.