Chapter 51. No She Didn't

Ericka was still clingy next morning.  She wanted to have nothing to do with Dee.  Eric dismissed Dee and helped Ericka get ready for school.  He got her uniform on and her sock and shoes.  Then she handed him the comb.  She wanted him to comb her hair.  That was a red line for Eric.  He yelled for Tanya.  

"Tanya!" He yelled down the hall.   

Tanya came running down the hall thinking something happened to one of the kids.  "What is going on here? Why is her hair not done? Where is Dee?" 

"She doesn't want  Dee to comb her hair." Eric said.

Tanya grabbed the brush.

"No Mommy, I dont want you to do it.  I want Daddy to do my hair." Ericka cried.    

Tanya looked at Eric.  "Dont look at me.  I am not going to do her hair... I dont know how to." 

Tanya grined at Eric.  "Just do your best.  Once she sees what a great job you do, I am sure she will run back to either me or Dee." Tanya said and walked out the room leaving Ericka with her father. 

                                                                                       ********

Ericka and her father walked down to the kitchen for breakfast.  Becky cleared her throat and quickly got up and left.  Tanya looked up,  took one look at Ericka and had to cough to disguise her laugh.  She quickly understood why Becky took her leave.   Ericka had two puffed up braids that looked like cow horns sticking from her head.  There was no way she could allow Ericka to leave the house looking like that.

"Did you show her what you did to her hair?" Tanya asked.  

Eric nodded.  "She loves it. Dont you Princess?" Eric winked at Tanya.

Ericka looked up at her father, then ran to her mother and whispered in her ear.  "Daddy is bad at doing hair.  Can you do my hair?" she whispered.  

"Go get your brush and comb  and take it to Dee," Tanya whispered back.

Ericka took off  and Tanya looked at her husband.  "Did you do her hair like that to prove a point? You have braided my hair before and it looked nothing like that."

Eric smiled.  "Her texture of hair is different from yours.  It is just too much for me to handle." 

Tanya smiled back.  "Liar, she has your hair.  You know how to mange your hair." 

"Look, I will bathe her, read to her, do just about anything but I draw the line at doing her hair." 

"So... I was thinking about  who we should invite to the party." Tanya said changing the subject. 

Eric was annoyed that she was still talking about this damn party again this morning. "You are not wasting any time." Eric said.  

"Well we dont have much time. And dont forget to ask Grandpa Will and Sunday today.  I could do my party a week before theirs if  they decide on still having the family party." Tanya said.

"So who do you want to attend your party?" Eric asked.

"Our party Eric,  if Grandpa Will agrees for us to have the family party, then it will be just family, I guess. What about Lloyd? Does he usually attend?" 

"Lloyd is like me, we always find a reason not to go.  I think he loves to spend Christmas with his mother and siblings on his mother side." 

"If I am having the party I would want Lloyd there, so I would invite his mother, Lloyd's mother."