Chapter 26: "They're Gone."

As soon as we didn't hear anyone anymore, Olive took her phone back out.

"Hanna, look." She pointed towards her phone she had 1 bar.

"Call someone before you lose the bar." She dials 9-1-1.

"Hello, 9-1-1 operator." The lady behind the phones says, Olive completely shuts out and sits there.

"Olive?" I wave my hand in her face, her not moving as if she is a statue. I grab the phone from her hand and place it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Yes, 9-1-1 operator, what is your emergency?"

"Please, my best friend and I need help. We are being held captive." I whispered into the phone.

"Okay, stay calm do you know by whom?"

"Yes, my ex-boyfriend and bestfriend's brother."

"How old are you?"

"We are both 18."

"Do you know where you are?"

"Yes."

"Tell me."

"We are at a Cabin in Seneca Lake. He keeps us in a cement room in the basement." I heard her typing everything through the phone, but I knew deep down Seneca Lake was a large place and they would never find us, not in time.

"Okay, cops are on their way." I heard foots steps and closed the phone slipping it in Olive's back pocket. Just ask I reached back from Olive's back pocket, Jayson walked in.

"Alright Hanna, more fun time for Jay." He grinned at me, picking me up from under my arms and into a corner on the other side where the bed was at. He slowly removed my shirt. I never wore any underwear because there was no point. He then removed my pants and was touching my body so gently and slowly, I then remembered I was being raped.

"It's okay Hanna. Jay is here to protect you." I screamed when he stuck two fingers in me, waking up Olive out of her trance.

"Oh my gosh, Jay!" Olive screamed, backing away from us into a corner in the other side of the room.

"Shut up Oli!" He then removed his finger from me and turned me over. I squeezed my eyes shut and pretended I wasn't here, pretended that I was anywhere but here. I could hear sobs coming from Olive, but I tried to block them out because it only brought me back to the present. I was thinking about the past and how I got myself into this mess.

"Yeah, are you still a dyke now Hanna?" Jay moaned as he smacked my hip and I winced in pain from several bruises, no thanks to Jay. We heard footsteps upstairs and then a gunshot. I lost my stomach and I couldn't breathe. A few seconds later, Sandy came down with a revolver.

"Fuck, Jake couldn't have been any more annoying." She said laughing as she rubbed Jake's blood off her nude pumps onto Olive. Olive shuddered of the thought that Jake's blood was on her. Jake was trying to help us, he might have raped me repeatively but he was trying to help us. Tears started falling down my cheeks; our only hope was gone unless those cops find us. Which I doubt because Sandy and Jay have us hidden real well.

After hours of being tortured by Jay, he picked me up bridal style and placed me gently on the floor. What was wrong with him? He hurt me then treated me kindly and gently? He checked one last time on Olive and then left the room. As soon as the door shut, I screamed at the top of my lungs, so loud that Olive covered her ears.

"Hanna! Stop!" Olive said, bringing me close to her shoulder. I think I might have cried a river on her. She caressed my unnatural brown hair.

"Hanna we will eventually get out." She mumbled.

"It's going to be okay." She whispered as I nodded my head. We heard footsteps above, I was praying to god Jay wasn't coming back for more but we heard a door shut and tires driving over gravel. I felt my heart calm and collected but Jay has never left me here alone before.

"Has he ever le-" Olive left as I shook my head.

"You don't th-" She asked again while I nodded this time.

"No, no, no." Olive kept repeating over and over again.

"This, this can't be happening." She started pacing the floor, while I sat on the ground, my knees against my chest.

"Olive." She turned and looked at me.

"They're gone." I looked up at her. Tears streaming down my face.

"Yeah, that's good they're gone, but how are we suppost to get out Hanna?" She screamed. I didn't pay attention. I knew I was going to die in here, no questions about it but I just wish I could have that one minute with Sophia. I could wrap my arms around her waist and touch the ends of her hair with my fingertips and kiss her for just one second. I wish I could die in her arms and not in a cement box. Olive's still pacing the floor.

"Those cops are never going to find us, are they?" I shook my head, I gave up on them. They'll never find us. We're out in the middle of nowhere and in a basement so even if they did find the house, they wouldn't be able to find us. I heard Olive whimpering.

"Shh Olive, it's going to be alright." I was mumbling calming words into her head when we heard tires on gravel again and footsteps.

"They're back Hanna, they're back." She cried even harder while panicking. I could see the fear in her eyes. The door was already opened and I could tell because I heard the car pull up and stop.   Then we heard the wooden floor above creaking to the weight of whoever was up there. I'm terrified, knowing that Sandy had already killed Jake made me terrified of her. I don't know if me saying one thing could trigger her and make her want to kill me. Olive slipped her hand through mine and I kept my nerves calm but I knew that if it was Sophia in here I wouldn't have anything to fear.

"Hanna, I'm scared." Olive whispered into my ear.

"It's going to be okay, I promise." She knew I was lying, she knew it wasn't going to be okay, she knew I couldn't keep a promise like that.

"Okay." Then I heard the basement door open and I heard Olive gasp and hold her breath not wanting to be heard. I rubbed my hand on her back.

"Hello?" An unfamiliar male's voice echoed through the basement. I was scared but I couldn't believe who it was.