Chapter 4: My Date With That 'Stranger'

My alarm rang at 6:00 again, second day of school. I got up and walked over to my closet again and took out a purple t-shirt, a pair of short jean shorts, and my pair of old, black, beat up low-top converse. I walked to my bathroom and washed my face, I'll take a shower tonight after my date, I mean get together with Sophia which is the only thing I'm actually looking forward to today. I brushed my hair into a side loose braid. I walked back into my room and dress myself, grabbed my messenger back on my loveseat tan leather couch and walked into the eerie hallway. Halfway down the stairs I got a text message from Sophia.

Sophia: Hey, Can't wait for our 'Date' after your practice. ;)

I smiled at that text, but a date? She needs to stop calling it that. She's engaged and a freaking actress! And I have a boyfriend, and I'm defenitely not a lesbian or bisexual. I closed my phone and continued down the stairs. I walked into the Kitchen and my mother was sitting on a stool feeding my stubborn sister.

"Good Morning Mom."

"Good Morning Han, want me to make you something to eat?"

"No Thanks; I'm just going to head out to school. Bye." I waved and grabbed my car keys from the keys ring.

"Bye Hunny!" She yelled as I slam the door behind me. I jumped in my car and Lady Gaga's 'The Edge of Glory' came on, so I sang along until I reached the front of my school. When I pulled up, I saw Olive and Jayson leaning against Jayson's car and I automatically lost my stomach. This is the moment I have been dreading all morning.

"Hey Han!" Olive walked up to me before I could walk up to them and pointed me another direction away from Jayson, Thank God!

"Hey, what's up?"

"Nothing, just Jay and I have been fighting because of our parents divorce." A tear escaped her eye.

"Don't worry, I'm still here and I'm not going anywhere Oli." I hugged her and she smiled.

"Good." And then she left me to walk alone to my locker. When I reached my locker, the bell had rung and I was the only one in the hallway, or so I thought.

"Hello Beautiful, did you miss me?"

"What are you, what are you doing here?" I stuttered.

"Just waiting for you, so I can walk you to class." Jayson gripped onto my arm really hard and pulled me towards my first class, when we got there he crashed his cold lips on to mine and pushed me away as if I was garbage on the sidewalk.

"See you later Han." I walked into the class and everyone stared at me as if I had killed someone. So I took my seat next to Olive.

"Saved you a seat." She whispered.

"Thanks." I forced a smile.

"No problem, what are best friends for?" She caught a bruise on my arm, from yesterday when Jayson grabbed my arm.

"Where did you get that?"

"Oh, I fell yesterday, it's no big deal." I played it off.

"Uh-huh, sure." She smiled and winked.

"Alright, good morning class. Welcome to AP History." My favorite class.

"This year we will be learning about many interesting things such as the progressive era and the civil rights mov-" Mrs. Doe was interupted by the intercom.

"Students, teachers, please go to the auditorium for an announcement from our guest speaker." I wonder what this is about. Olive and I looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders.